First Redemption Domestic legs

Old Aug 31, 18, 7:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Premier (Level 1), Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond (via BA)
First Redemption Domestic legs

Is the free domestic legs (minus taxes) Economy or Club?
My college has called up to add them and was given Club however someone else in the office got Economy.

I guess were keeping this quiet if the latter
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you have a First Class redemption with domestic legs on the same ticket they will book into Club Europe.
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Premier (Level 1), Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond (via BA)
Outbound was J
In Bound F

Both Club, does the rule apply to both sectors?
Old Aug 31, 18, 7:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Bellslea View Post
Outbound was J
In Bound F

Both Club, does the rule apply to both sectors?
Long haul redemptions in J or F will book you into Club Europe on the domestics.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 31, 18, 9:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Spot on
Old Aug 31, 18, 11:00 pm

Isn't there the exception that of they're is only Y availability on the short haul then you get Y?
Old Sep 1, 18, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
Isn't there the exception that of they're is only Y availability on the short haul then you get Y?
In my experience, when trying to book a J or F redemption with a domestic connection, if there is no J availability on a suitable flight on the domestic leg then BA.com shows as no availability for the whole journey.

Search for redemption availability on the long haul sector to see if their are seats available in J/F. If there is but trying to book the whole journey including the domestic leg shows no availability then work around is to click “Yes” when asked if you want to include a stop over. This then displays Y availability on the domestic leg and allows you to book redemption flights with a combination of Y on the domestic sector and J/F on the long haul sector. It tends to open up far more options when flying from the regions in my experience.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Sep 2, 18 at 3:03 am
Old Sep 2, 18, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue View Post

In my experience, when trying to book a J or F redemption with a domestic connection, if there is no J availability on a suitable flight on the domestic leg the. BA.com shows as no availability for the whole journey.
Not necessarily. We had an F redemption NCL>LHR>SEA>LHR>NCL recently where we had Y domestic on the outbound but J on the inbound and managed to book it no problem...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: