Wiki Posts
Search

BA Mobile App forgets login credentials

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
BA Mobile App forgets login credentials

My BA Mobile App (iPhone) frequently (i.e. once a week) "forgets" its login credentials. More accurately it reports login has failed (as if the password is bad - what's actually happened I suspect is poor connectivity or a transient error BA side) then forgets the username and password. This is a PITA as my password is (as per modern security recommendations) a long string of random numbers and digits - don't want my Avios stolen - which I then have to recover from where they are stored (encrypted) and type in again. I admit to being slightly anal about passwords, but this seems a pain even if your password is "BaF1i3sD1rtYp1an3s".

Does anyone else see this, or just me?

Is there some way to report it?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
The iPhone app seems to remember my details quite reliably. Not seeing this problem at all.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fruitcage
The iPhone app seems to remember my details quite reliably. Not seeing this problem at all.
it sometimes does sign me out (iPhone app) but it is something which occurs maybe every 4/5 weeks at most, certainly not every week.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:37 am

Yes very dirty planes.
Ops sorry wrong thread

I don't seem to see this on android but have done on iPad
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Never had an issue on android. I know it sounds stupid but have you looked to check your login period? There was an update recently( on android at least) and I seem to remember I had to check or approve I was happy to stay signed in forever and the default on the screen was one week. Maybe it's reset to weekly login periods
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA

it sometimes does sign me out (iPhone app) but it is something which occurs maybe every 4/5 weeks at most, certainly not every week.
Hmm. I've had it twice in two days now.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Never had an issue on android. I know it sounds stupid but have you looked to check your login period? There was an update recently( on android at least) and I seem to remember I had to check or approve I was happy to stay signed in forever and the default on the screen was one week. Maybe it's reset to weekly login periods
I don't see that on iPhone. I see "stay logged in" which is set to true. Where is that setting?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Android app keeps me logging in, but if I want to search reward availability via the app it makes me sign in every time which is rather annoying
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Sounds like someone is running an old iPhone. Buy an iPhone X and be done with it.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Me too. The most annoying part is when it’s asks you to log in via Touch ID and then parses nothing into the username or password fields
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Me too. The most annoying part is when it’s asks you to log in via Touch ID and then parses nothing into the username or password fields
same behavior for me. And i have neither an old iphone nor a non updated app. This is kind of anoying, I actually reset my password to something easier because of having to re enter if each time i want to do an Avios search.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Me too - only started happening this past week or so.... happpening almost daily - iPhone user, App version 5.44.25 ..,,.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
yes, it has forgotten my number and login a number of times.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Happens for me often (Android). Also annoying how it makes you re-log in every time to search for Avios. I've stored my password in the Samsung password safe thingy so that it's relatively quick to log back in.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by EL_CHILENO
Android app keeps me logging in, but if I want to search reward availability via the app it makes me sign in every time which is rather annoying
sane here but with an iphone. Although the face recognition allows me to send my credentials, I always have to retype my login and pwd for award availability. Very annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.