Search

PMI to STN now Titan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
PMI to STN has been Titanised!

So our flight tomorrow has been changed from a city flyer to titan

We have 9 seats booked in club europe but when I log in it only shows 5 rows of club although it says some of our party are sitting in row 6 abc etc

Any advice?

Last edited by mdj1; Aug 31, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

finally through

Last edited by mdj1; Aug 31, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Get to the airport early and ask check in as the flight will now be under their control. Might have been last minute and they are trying to adjust the seating to as near 'as-was' as possible. Obviously then if some of your party have an INVOL downgrade then they are entitled to, I believe, 75% of the cost of the affected sector.

It might just be a case of problems with IT meaning some of the booking are currently showing as ABC in row 6. Hopefully a cheery smile at check in and a good proactive agent will sort it all out for you.
mdj1 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'll admit the substitution leaves me a bit puzzled as the STN flights are indeed part of the "Cityflyer weekend tour" whilst Titan is usually used for LGW services. I'd be interested to know if any of the other Cityflyer weekend trips have also been "Titanised" or if this is only this particular route.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:36 am
Suspended

It’s G-POWC a B737 much bigger than E190SR, you should all get on.
mdj1 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'll admit the substitution leaves me a bit puzzled as the STN flights are indeed part of the "Cityflyer weekend tour" whilst Titan is usually used for LGW services. I'd be interested to know if any of the other Cityflyer weekend trips have also been "Titanised" or if this is only this particular route.
Sunday’s LIN-LCY has been “Jotaaviationised”with an RJ aircraft. My guess - it’s the end of the school holidays with high demand this weekend from XXX-LON and seems there might be a bit of an aircraft problem.
orbitmic and TWCLAM like this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Aug 31, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I really like that word, perhaps it should be adopted and put into the BA Acronyms thread
orbitmic, mdj1, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PETER01
I really like that word, perhaps it should be adopted and put into the BA Acronyms thread
Thought it felt slightly esoteric and mysterious in an exciting sort of way so glad you like it too!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Poster

My first thoughts were they've massively oversold the route and as such have changed the aircraft.

It will be interesting to see if they block B & E in the front 6 rows for CE.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by mdj1
My first thoughts were they've massively oversold the route and as such have changed the aircraft.

I would certainly expect them to - there is a promise from BA that no one in CE should travel in a middle seat and I'd certainly be very annoyed if I bought a CE ticket and was asked to.
mdj1 and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mdj1
As the do this when they fly CE from lgw then yes you should expect b and e blocked in ce
mdj1 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Get to the airport early and ask check in as the flight will now be under their control. Might have been last minute and they are trying to adjust the seating to as near 'as-was' as possible. Obviously then if some of your party have an INVOL downgrade then they are entitled to, I believe, 75% of the cost of the affected sector.

It might just be a case of problems with IT meaning some of the booking are currently showing as ABC in row 6. Hopefully a cheery smile at check in and a good proactive agent will sort it all out for you.
It would be a refund of 30% of the base fare for the segment on a Type 1 flight.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thought it felt slightly esoteric and mysterious in an exciting sort of way so glad you like it too!
I agree, I think the Moderators should amend the title to a more catchy:

"My plane has been Titanised!" [PMI-STN]
TWCLAM, mdj1, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
I agree, I think the Moderators should amend the title to a more catchy:

"My plane has been Titanised!" [PMI-STN]
Nah, I wouldn't dream of editing our OP's text! I just hope for him/her that this will prove an unexpected bonus with free middle seats instead of the cramped regular Cityflyer CE sitting!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Done

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30152989-post99.html
PETER01 and orbitmic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.