Search

Worst Route Gate to Gate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Worst Route Gate to Gate

Thought experiment going through my (sad) mind.... it is a Friday

Which BA routing do we think has the WORST gate to gate pair at the UK/foreign airport...

My shout ... consistently ... is LHR > Barcelona
Way out: from T3 at the very far end of the pier after every other airline (I would say 15 min walk from the Lounge)
Way back: D gates in El Prat - again typically at the very far end of the terminal (I would say 10 min walk from the Lounge)

Any other takers?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
No longer an issue but the 100 gates at LGW North to the satellite terminal in Orlando and vice versa was never a favourite.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM/LT GLD, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Emerald Exec
The LHR end is a crap shoot but AMS for Gate Belgium.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
LGW(S) does quite ‘well’ ... arrive ex-JER with bus gate, enter Arrivals, go to Security/Departures and end up at the adjacent gate I arrived at about 30minutes later.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
It’s a bit dated, but years ago, I would have said EBB-LHR. EBB was a “holding pen” gate, and the flight seemed to arrive at a bus gate at LHR. But, like I said, that’s a dated example.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:39 pm

YUL (partially US departures). YUL-JFK is a trip I never look forward to.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Calum
YUL (partially US departures). YUL-JFK is a trip I never look forward to.
I just did YUL-PHL. Aside from them detecting traces of explosives in my hand luggage (!) I thought the airport experience was fine. Certainly beat landing as intl in the US.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

I just did YUL-PHL. Aside from them detecting traces of explosives in my hand luggage (!) I thought the airport experience was fine. Certainly beat landing as intl in the US.
I had that last year on YVR-LAX. It was a bit of a worry. They did another scan, which came up negative. They put it down to me being an electrician (albeit retired &#128533.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Mia for me. Often zoo boarding at t3 and very late my walks upon arriving with immigration that can be short but also sometimes very long.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.