England Rugby and BA announce partnership

Old Aug 30, 18, 6:05 am
Original Poster

England Rugby and BA announce partnership

Not strictly flying related, but definitely BA. I wonder if the World Cup in Japan next year was a factor?

England Rugby Release: https://www.englandrugby.com/news/en...w-partnership/

BA Release: British Airways - BRITISH AIRWAYS ? COMING FOR TO CARRY THEM HOME

Taken from the England Rugby site:
  • British Airways inaugural principal partner to Twickenham Stadium
  • They also becomes principal partner and the official airline partner
The new multi-year deal will see British Airways and England Rugby work closely together on the digital experience at Twickenham Stadium, including developing and launching a new stadium app and e-ticketing in the future. It also sees the new top floor facility of the redeveloped East Stand named as the British Airways Rose Garden, which will be a modern relaxed environment featuring live music and a mix of open cooking stations.

Alex Cruz, Chairman and CEO of British Airways, said: “We’re getting behind England Rugby and looking forward to supporting the Men’s and Women’s squads, by delivering them ready to win on their travels all over the world.

"Twickenham Stadium also sits on the flight path in to Heathrow, so our partnership with the home of England Rugby will be visible to British Airways customers from the skies.”

British Airways will also be flying the England men’s and women’s teams around the world, including to Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan and Women’s Rugby World Cup in 2021. The partnership will also bring exclusive memorable experiences to our fans and British Airways’ customers, including the chance to join the England men’s team on a summer Test series.
Not quoted the full article, but this could be an interesting tie up (for us Rugby fans)
Old Aug 30, 18, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Lets hope the players aren't seated in 787 Y to Japan
RoyalSwazi and davm666 like this.
Old Aug 30, 18, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
I suggest Danny Cipriani gets a part time role in Security at Manchester. He'd fit right in.
Old Aug 30, 18, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I seem to recall Branson getting his "No way, BA" phrase painted on a stadium roof somewhere in London when that was a thing. I presume that wasn't Twickenham?
Old Aug 30, 18, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer View Post
I seem to recall Branson getting his "No way, BA" phrase painted on a stadium roof somewhere in London when that was a thing. I presume that wasn't Twickenham?
Was it Brentford?
Old Aug 30, 18, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I’m particularly looking forward to the Concorde Room that BA plans to open on match days at Twickenham.
Old Aug 30, 18, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I suggest Danny Cipriani gets a part time role in Security at Manchester. He'd fit right in.
Hands off, we’ll keep him at Gloucester thank you very much
dnajockey likes this.
Old Aug 30, 18, 10:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
He should be dropped from the England squad after his recent behaviour/fine as well as having previously convicted of drink driving. Not exactly a role model but that's OT.

I don't agree that 'British' Airways should be sponsoring England. Just seems wrong to me and I'd feel the same if it were Scotland or Wales. BA should only sponsor British Teams like the Olympics etc.
Old Aug 30, 18, 3:35 pm

Interesting- I’ll be in the ‘rose garden’ for Leicester v saints game (did the maths we need to drink 5.4 pints each to break even...)

Will there be any avoid earning potential?
davm666 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 18, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
He should be dropped from the England squad after his recent behaviour/fine as well as having previously convicted of drink driving. Not exactly a role model but that's OT.

I don't agree that 'British' Airways should be sponsoring England. Just seems wrong to me and I'd feel the same if it were Scotland or Wales. BA should only sponsor British Teams like the Olympics etc.
Have you given up on Northern Ireland?

More importantly, does this mean the return of the “Air Force Scrum” 747 that was around ~10 years ago?
Old Aug 30, 18, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle View Post

Have you given up on Northern Ireland?

More importantly, does this mean the return of the “Air Force Scrum” 747 that was around ~10 years ago?

There's no N.I team and well you know it (although I believe they may be eligible to play for Ireland but I don't know enough about that)

I suppose they will be having a logo of some sort on the side of the plane though, something like 'Home Early Again' or 'We're One Trick Ponys' or similar might be appropriate?
Old Aug 30, 18, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
I don't agree that 'British' Airways should be sponsoring England. Just seems wrong to me
Aye....especially as England aren't as good as Scotland/Wales/Ireland.
Old Aug 30, 18, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Aye....especially as England aren't as good as Scotland/Wales/Ireland.
I'd put my money on The All Blacks who are the red hot favourites at the moment but I do reckon England will get to at least the semi-finals. I wonder if they will put a specific plane for them to fly out on or they will just travel on a scheduled service.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 30, 18, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, RCI Diamond
This is interesting. Arrange a do to coincide with a 6 Nations game maybe.....? Celebrate the partnership?!
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation View Post

Hands off, we’ll keep him at Gloucester thank you very much
Good!

Search this Thread