Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BA ever answer letters

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver, , ba exec club gold. Thai Air Silver, SPG - Gold.Etihad gold
Does BA ever answer letters

I wrote to BAEC on 3 July 18 querying my change of status. I received no answer. I wrote again 3 weeks later with same result. I wrote this time to the CEO 3 weeks ago and still have not received even a acknowledgement.

I was a premier cardholder for many years and have supported BA since joining the executive club in 1984. I am shocked by this shunning by a company I have loved and trusted over 30 years.

Is this the new normal for BA?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Have you tried email, or the contact form on BA.com?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:44 am
Suspended

Give them a call and see if they can sort it out there and then.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I did write only one old fashioned letter to request a status match from CX Diamond to BA Silver or Gold some three years ago and I did get a (negative) response back in a few days.

When filling in online forms I also get replies after a few days. Recently wrote to BA Holidays and they replied as well so my experience is pretty positive with their responsivness, less so with how they respond but that's another matter.

Twitter team is annoyingly useless. A part from keeping apologising thay can't actually solve anything (e.g. failed checkins, booking enquires, etc.).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Or outline the situation on here and you might very well get a quicker answer.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver, , ba exec club gold. Thai Air Silver, SPG - Gold.Etihad gold
thanks for your responses. I have now emailed BAEC and expect an answer shortly. if this doesnt work a telephone call will be next followed by an outline of my problem on this forum.

colin
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:08 am

I didn't know people sent BA letters any more. Well only letters before action I guess.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by colcol
thanks for your responses. I have now emailed BAEC and expect an answer shortly. if this doesnt work a telephone call will be next followed by an outline of my problem on this forum.

colin
I wouldn't hold my breath... Waiting for Customer Services reply

Originally Posted by simons1
I didn't know people sent BA letters any more. Well only letters before action I guess.
I still write letters to my girlfriend
My solicitor writes more letters to my ex-wife
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is a letter?

When you submit using the online form, your submission goes directly into the CRM database and is handled (or the ball dropped) from there. Emails are forwarded to the database, but that takes human intervention and time. Paper has to be scanned in and then manually entered, taking even more time.

Wiring letters to CEO's and other senior officials takes even more time because the mail room clerk who sorts the wheat from the chaff has to figure out where your letter goes to be scanned and classified.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Plus, letters going to the CEO complaining apparently get sent up to NCL for handling, as the CEO team were disbanded when Alex arrived, apparently. Email is best, and if you are lucky if additional documentation is needed, they won't ask you to fax something in (which they did to a colleague recently). Fax? Fax? It is a worry.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
I wonder what the real email address for the CEO is? Or does he do a Hillary and use an innocuous Hotmail address?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Twitter.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by colcol
if this doesnt work a telephone call will be next followed by an outline of my problem on this forum.
To be honest, skipping all that and just posting your query here is probably more likely to yield a much faster (and much more accurate!) answer...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:25 pm

It sounds like the OP might have experienced an unexpected drop in status from premier to something else (assuming based on starting in 1984 might be GFL or GGLFL).

It's my understanding that premier cards are approved by the board and that they are reviewed meaning they can be taken away as quickly as they are given.

In any case, good luck to the OP in their quest for a response. It doesn't sound like something the Twitter team, or even regular customer services could deal with.
aidy likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Expect obfuscation from Customer Services!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.