Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Airport security guards boarded plane upon landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport security guards boarded plane upon landing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by fruitcage
A slight variant which I have seen is forcing everyone to show ID one by one at the end of the airbridge, presumably so that a targeted person can be apprehended. Can anyone confirm if that's for similar reasons?
This is normally border force. They want to check passports before (bogus) asylum seekers flush them down the toilet and claim a different nationality / identity when they reach immigration booths.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:49 pm

I remember seeing this on one of the LHR documentaries. Someone had some kind out outstanding legal issue for not reporting to court or something like that. They said there was a system that flagged such people to the police at LHR.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DangerM55
That's probably something like a Laser strike or sighting of a drone etc
Interesting - on approach to LHR (probably over Isleworth) the aircraft dropped to the left by around 20-30 degrees (so much so there were gasps from some of the passengers) and then immediately levelled off accompanied by a thud similar to wake turbulence. The aircraft continued its approach, but nose down, for maybe half a mile when it returned to the normal nose up attitude, which I thought was the aircraft getting back on to the glide path.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you're travelling in Y, you could always wind up your neighbours by putting on your cap, head down & looking towards the window & saying "Oh man, not looking forward to going back to prison"
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by gorps1

Interesting - on approach to LHR (probably over Isleworth) the aircraft dropped to the left by around 20-30 degrees (so much so there were gasps from some of the passengers) and then immediately levelled off accompanied by a thud similar to wake turbulence. The aircraft continued its approach, but nose down, for maybe half a mile when it returned to the normal nose up attitude, which I thought was the aircraft getting back on to the glide path.
This is what it was. I've been on a flight where there was a laser strike from somewhere on the LHR approach. Upon landing there was a cockpit visit. Green laser pen probably.
gorps1 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerkit
This is normally border force. They want to check passports before (bogus) asylum seekers flush them down the toilet and claim a different nationality / identity when they reach immigration booths.
I have had this a couple of times at LHR. But I seem to have it every time I disembark at MAD from an IB long haul from South America.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I had a met by Police on arrival at the weekend at T5, which in itself was completely routine.

What as not so routine was that the offence was committed on board (which is not routine).
I saw a loo smoker get marched off a BA flight by burly policemen upon arrival at LHR.

Thankfully, on-board smokers appear to be becoming rarer nowadays though.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I saw a loo smoker get marched off a BA flight by burly policemen upon arrival at LHR.

Thankfully, on-board smokers appear to be becoming rarer nowadays though.
This was not a loo smoker. It was a passenger to passenger assault.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
I've been met at the air bridge by plain clothes police officers with a double shot cappuccino many times after a long overnight flight. You just have to know where to look on the Met Police website.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
This happened yesterday when I was arriving on A3 from ATH.

In recent weeks I've also seen it happen at FRA and TXL both times on LH.

The police and border force of each country clearly know who is coming well in advance and are prepared.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This sort of targeted enforcement is far better than simply increasing all border security. The volume of advance information known about arriving passengers is significant and that lets the coppers focus on those who may need focusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.