Search

Bronze to Silver seat selections.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold
Bronze to Silver seat selections.

Hello All,

Just a quick one. If i book a flight while I'm bronze and then become Silver before the flight will I be able to pick my J seats for free when I upgrade?

Many thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tb10
Hello All,

Just a quick one. If i book a flight while I'm bronze and then become Silver before the flight will I be able to pick my J seats for free when I upgrade?

Many thanks
Yep

Spike
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold
Lovely - Many thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
And if I go the other way from silver to bronze can I still keep my preassigned seats that I got for free or do they disappear?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Yes and if you contact the BAEC they will refund you - takes about 10 days for the refund to come through if I remember correctly
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
And if I go the other way from silver to bronze can I still keep my preassigned seats that I got for free or do they disappear?
Reported experience has been variable.

if the booking is left alone then yes it does appear that the seat selection does stick but if either the passenger changes something in the booking or there is an aircraft swap for example then the seat selection can sometimes be lost.

as these are free seat selections thrrr is of course no refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.