Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do I let BA know their CC did great job?

Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald

Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I searched the threads and BA website and did not find what I am looking for. I recently flew a very long haul flight that included some very unreasonable pax in First (not enough to go back to the gate, but enough to be unpleasant), the cabin crew handled all of them extremely well, should be commended for a job well done, and I wanted to pass along my observations and positive feedback to their employer and management. What is the best way to do that? Thank you
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA website > Information > Customer service > Contacts & FAQs > 'Saying thank you' under "Get help with something" (sorry for not being able to post the link directly)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:34 am

www.ba.com/thankyou
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a very particular reason for doing this, in these situations. It may well be the First passengers concerned would make some complaint themselves about the service, ground staff or crew, possibly omitting such details as their own levels of obnoxiousness/drunkeness/unreasonableness/impact on others. So if you sent a note in, particularly if you could name the CSM/CSD, then your input would perhaps allow the relevant line managers to see the wider picture. Most line managers are well aware than not every one of the 1 million passengers travelling BA this week will be total angels, but let's say someone already had a bad mark against them (rightly or wrongly) and then this event came up: it would be better to have your input too.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:41 pm

I suppose this is one for any crew to provide some insight into but, do these things actually get filtered down to the specific cabin crew member or do they have any sort of recognition/impact? One of the best, and in my opinion consistent, qualities of travelling with BA is how professional their cabin crew are. If you frequently travel with BA I'm confident you'll have seen as least one example of an exemplary member of cabin crew. I personally like to make companies aware of situations where I felt their staff went over and beyond their line of duty to help someone. However, I'm aware businesses are structured differently and feedback is handled in different ways. The reason I ask is because I mentioned this to a member of cabin crew before and they said not to bother as the best they could hope for is a scripted message from their manager they've never seen before. Maybe they were being modest (or overly critical), however, it did make me think twice about whether any sort of positive feedback/compliment is actually worth it.
Padmeister and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Talking Penguin
I suppose this is one for any crew to provide some insight into but, do these things actually get filtered down to the specific cabin crew member or do they have any sort of recognition/impact?
My experience is based on flight crew management, and not cabin crew, but I've received personal emails from my management team containing positive feedback from customers. These have been noted on my file. I'd like to think that something similar will happen amongst the cabin crew community. There's nothing to be lost from giving it a go
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m sure it will be noted but it will not make a bit of difference, if it makes you feel better offer the feedback.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I recently sent in "well done" comments about two trips and named specific CC who went above and beyond in several respects; nothing back from BA other than an automated acknowledgement. In contrast when I've sent similar comments to Qantas, Emirates, Lufthansa, United etc I've always had a response. Obviously not something I'm going to complain about (!) but strikes me as a slightly odd way to react to a customer with a happy glow...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I've sent a "well done" to BA I have just had a routine response. When I sent a "well done" to Virgin, some one rang me up to ask for more details. I had the impression that Virgin were trying that bit harder....
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
When I've sent a "well done" to BA I have just had a routine response. When I sent a "well done" to Virgin, some one rang me up to ask for more details. I had the impression that Virgin were trying that bit harder....
I'd agree with this - I've had the same experience.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald
Thank you all for your feedback
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:36 pm

There are a few options, BA.com/thankyou is a good one, but the customer comments forms are good too. If you ask the crew for a comments card then you can also let them know you are writing in.

All customer compliments are forwarded on to crew by their manager, although different managers have different ways of doing this. It will always be recorded on their file, and it is always great to see positive feedback .
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAWatson
All customer compliments are forwarded on to crew by their manager, although different managers have different ways of doing this. It will always be recorded on their file, and it is always great to see positive feedback .
On this occasion it is my role to welcome you to Flyertalk BAWatson and to the BA forum, it's good to see you here, and even better to get the insider viewpoint. Please continue to post, welcome on board.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On this occasion it is my role to welcome you to Flyertalk BAWatson and to the BA forum, it's good to see you here, and even better to get the insider viewpoint. Please continue to post, welcome on board.
Thank you. Long time lurker, but amongst all the negativity I thought this was a good thread to join in with.
BABenchley and wanderingjock like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA
Deleted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.