Lost Property - MissingX

Old Aug 28, 18, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Lost Property - MissingX

I left an item on board a recent BA domestic to LHR T5Contacted BA and they directed me to MissingX which is used by LHR for lost property. I searched and identified what I think is my item ( which is good) I submitted a Ďmatchí / claim request a couple of days ago but havenít heard anything. Has anyone had any success using this? Iím connecting back thru LHR on Sat morning, can I just walk up to lost property also at LHR ( if that exists)?
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by FliGuy View Post
I’m connecting back thru LHR on Sat morning, can I just walk up to lost property also at LHR ( if that exists)?
Yes, although I think that you will have to go to the central location which is near the Heathrow Express station in the Central Terminal Area (ie the T123 station).

These threads might be of some further help:-
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I don't know if you can just walk up but the last time I heard the LHR lost property is near the HEX T3 (Heathrow Express) ticketing hall below the Central Terminal area.

Sorry its a repeat answer.
John

Last edited by thejohn; Aug 28, 18 at 9:33 am Reason: Beaten to the reply
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I used the online tool about 2 months ago, matched an item just as you did and still haven't had a response. Probably best to turn up in person. I had given up on it, until seeing in this thread that there is still an actual lost property office.
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
yes you can just walk up but IIRC the office is hardly accessible down some stairs so not accessible if you have luggage!

they also have an office at T5 so go to the right office!

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui.../lost-property
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
yes you can just walk up but IIRC the office is hardly accessible down some stairs so not accessible if you have luggage!

they also have an office at T5 so go to the right office!

https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui.../lost-property
IIRC, there is escalator access, so if you are adept at managing luggage on escalators then this shouldn't be a problem. (The last time I went, one escalator was out of order, but that was just my bad luck!) If the OP is truly connecting, then luggage may not be an issue in any event.

AIUI the system, items are only at T5 for a short period of time and are then taken to the CTA office. I think that those other threads have quite a lot of detail about this, though.
Old Aug 28, 18, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks all for the quick responses. As I am on a connection at T5 Iíll go airside and give it a try.
Old Aug 28, 18, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by thejohn View Post
I don't know if you can just walk up but the last time I heard the LHR lost property is near the HEX T3 (Heathrow Express) ticketing hall below the Central Terminal area.
It's also now behind the Heathrow Express/Crossrail ticketing gateline so you'll need to ask to get through (or just get one (or two!) of the free tickets which is probably quicker).
Old Aug 28, 18, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
When I left my wife's iPad at T5 security (last time I do that, believe me) I wasn't able to find it on their website, but a quick phone call sorted everything out. I was even able to have a friend pick it up while passing through LHR.