Wiki Posts
Search

Where to shower? HKG-LHR-AUS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Where to shower? HKG-LHR-AUS

Hello everyone,

Next week I am doing the above journey on two separate BA tickets (holiday straight into business trip), with a few hours to kill at Heathrow. Can anyone recommend a shower option? Don’t think BA Bronze will get me into anywhere but I do have Priority Pass through Amex.

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:44 am

Which AMEX do you have?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Assuming you are not travelling Club World or First, your options are:

Priority Pass or cash - Aspire, you may want to pay the supplement to guarantee entry
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews

Amex Platinim or cash - Plaza Premium (the better lounge by far)
Aspire Lounge and Spa: Paid for lounge in LHR T5 - Information, photographs, reviews

General shower information (mainly BA related)
T5 showers

And then there is the Lounges Forum, with a guide to options in the other terminals at LHR, and you could consider a day room at some of the hotels near to T5.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
There are also Yotel Cabins which are landside at T4 Standard Cabin | London Heathrow Hotel | YOTELAIR

Trying them for the first time on 12 Sept at LGW so cant comment what they are like yet.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by FEMW
There are also Yotel Cabins which are landside at T4 Standard Cabin London Heathrow Hotel YOTELAIR

Trying them for the first time on 12 Sept at LGW so cant comment what they are like yet.
I like them. Good for LGW but a bit of a trek from other terminals in LHR.

If I have a long layover at LHR I tend to book a day room at the HGI Hatton Cross. Bed, shower and access to a decent fitness room. Not bad for around £55.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:03 am

Unless I misunderstood the shower at Aspire is an additional £20 and not included in the lounge entry fee/use of PP

(edit, yes it states in that great info thread!)

I would head to yotel, you can book 6.30am-10.30am which you can't at a "normal" day room and this will give you ample time for a rest and a decent shower

easiest way is bus 482 or 490 from outside the terminals (free takes around 15mins)
wds17 likes this.

Last edited by sammyg901; Aug 27, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Unless I misunderstood the shower at Aspire is an additional £20 and not included in the lounge entry fee/use of PP

(edit, yes it states in that great info thread!)

I would head to yotel, you can book 6.30am-10.30am which you can't at a "normal" day room and this will give you ample time for a rest and a decent shower

easiest way is bus 482 or 490 from outside the terminals (free takes around 15mins)
Thanks everyone - if PP will only get me the possibility of having to queue for a shower for £35, then Yotel for £40 looks like it might be the best option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.