Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I no longer fly Club Europe just one way on domestic routes?

Old Aug 26, 18, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Gold

I may be behind the curve on this one but a few times recently I've wanted to booked (say) LHR-GLA in ET but return in CE. I'm not trying to combine an outbound HBO ticket with CE; it would be with checked luggage both ways. However, this no longer seems possible??? The other day I did get an offer to upgrade for cash but the only option was for the return flight, not just one way. Can anyone advise me whether/when the rules changed on this please - and if it also applies on European flights?
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm on ba.com right now, and just priced up a LGW-GLA ET, GLA-LHR CE ticket no problem.
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, strange that when I try I still get "Not Available" showing against CE on every return flight.
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IanAsiaTraveller View Post
Hmm, strange that when I try I still get "Not Available" showing against CE on every return flight.
I think you are going to have to be a little more specific here, in terms of dates and the process you are using, I'm not finding a problem either. It may be easier just to call up if there is a glitch on the day you are trying.

My guess would be that you are perhaps using Multi City, or perhaps the older web interface, which does seem to have an issue for airports with multiple serving airports (since GLA is served by LGW and LCY).
Old Aug 27, 18, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I've just deleted the bookmark I had on this (new) computer and reloaded the BA website. It looks identical but now works!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: