FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA1305 (ABZ-LHR) Cancellation Sept 21st (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1927355-ba1305-abz-lhr-cancellation-sept-21st.html)

nei1c Aug 26, 2018 9:37 am

BA1305 (ABZ-LHR) Cancellation Sept 21st

I've just logged in to the BA site and noticed they've cancelled this flight - I'm not sure when the cancellation happened as I've not had any app or email notification. It was the 9:30am flight which allowed us to connect to the 13:20 777 to MAD. They've rebooked us on the 11:05 flight from ABZ which doesn't land till 12:45 so will presumably fall foul of MCT at 35 mins. Does anyone know the cause of the cancellation and whether it's likely to be reinstated? The only option I can see is getting changed to the 06:55 flight but that leaves us sat at LHR for the best part of 5 hours unless we forget the 777 and BA put us on an earlier MAD flight too.

UKtravelbear Aug 26, 2018 9:49 am

I expect that within a couple of days at most that BA will pick up on the breach of the MCT and rebook your MAD flight - if there a later flight to MAD BA will auto rebook you into that one.

So best work out what options are available and then phone BA to suggest them.

heartybob Aug 26, 2018 10:12 am

Single ticket or separate tickets?

nei1c Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am

Originally Posted by heartybob (Post 30131521)
Single ticket or separate tickets?

It's all on one ticket (241 redemption in J) so at least we'll not be stranded. I'd been looking forward to the 777 but I'm not convinced it's worth waiting around LHR for 5 hours for it so might push for an earlier MAD flight as we've got a 2-3 hour drive at the other end. That then means we'll need to change the hire car booking too but as it's also through BA they'll hopefully be flexible.

nei1c Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

Well what a fiasco this has turned into. Finally got round to phoning BA this afternoon and after speaking to 4 different agents and spending 1:15 on the phone I've now at least got flights, just not the ones I'd agreed to. I'm now waiting for them to listen to the tape of the call with agent 2 to see what had been agreed as I've now had my free change....

Before calling, my ABZ-LHR and LHR-MAD flights had disappeared from the booking presumably due to the auto change failing MCT at 35 mins - it was only showing the cancelled ABZ-LHR flight and both return flights. The first and then second agents had suggested the 06:55 from ABZ connecting to the 10:40 from LHR which while not on the 777 saves a 5 hour wait at LHR so I'd agreed to that. I'd then asked about changing the hire car so they'd gone to transfer me, but before they did I'd got the flight change notification which only showed the first flight, and checking MMB the second flight was still missing. The agent advised he'd get it reinstated within a couple of hours, then transferred me to the hire car team to change that.

The hire car agent checked my bookings then advised that there was no need to change the hire car as the times lined up fine. I then checked MMB to see my original 13:20 flight had been reinstated rather than the earlier one. After querying this I got put on hold then ended up speaking to the fourth agent who basically advised I've had my free change so they have to listen to the tapes before they'll make another. Hopefully I'll get a call back next week.

Sorry for the long rambling post but surely it shouldn't be this difficult. We're only going for the weekend so the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn to spend a large proportion of my day in an airport doesn't appeal. The last agent seemed good so I'm sure it'll get sorted out, it'd just be nice if what should be a relatively simple change could be dealt with without having to spend hours on the phone.