Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier points from Partner airlines - how long

Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

Hi All

I had a flight booked with CX CGK to LHR via HKG last week and I was bumped off it and transferred to a QR flight at the airport which all worked fine. All my Tier and AVIOS from earlier CX flights were on my account withing a couple of days but no sign of the QR flights yet. Will the tier and AVIOS points be automatically credited from the QR flights of will I need to chase?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
QR used to be a bit unreliable but in last couple of years TP have come through without the need to chase. Sometimes it’s quicker than others - maybe they only run the batch on certain days of the week. It’s not uncommon for QR to take a week in my experience.

I have found that late changes to itinerary sometimes cause issues with TP on BA so may well affect other airlines too.

Either way keep an eye out and chase through online form if they aren’t posting in 2 weeks.

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
There are lots of existing threads discussing this where you’ll find a lot of info on people’s experience.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
QR used to be a bit unreliable but in last couple of years TP have come through without the need to chase. Sometimes it’s quicker than others - maybe they only run the batch on certain days of the week. It’s not uncommon for QR to take a week in my experience.

I have found that late changes to itinerary sometimes cause issues with TP on BA so may well affect other airlines too.

Either way keep an eye out and chase through online form if they aren’t posting in 2 weeks.

Thanks, will do.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
There are lots of existing threads discussing this where you’ll find a lot of info on people’s experience.
I looked and could not find anything specific to being bumped from one partner airline to another hence the thread.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cutting42
I looked and could not find anything specific to being bumped from one partner airline to another hence the thread.
Ah, sorry. That part should not matter at all, you should just get your QR TPs and avios normally as though you had booked directly through them.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
QR normally post once a week, depending on your flight it can take anything from a day to 8 days to receive them.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Beaulieu
QR normally post once a week, depending on your flight it can take anything from a day to 8 days to receive them.
Indeed, usually on Wednesdays (that's part of what is discussed in those other threads).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Jumping in, I currently have a QR flight (marketed as BA) as Pending for the last four weeks. I therefore cannot raise a claim online but have to wait. BA have credited the connecting flight from DOH to LHR even though I missed the flight due to an emergency landing on the 'pending' flight. any suggestions on how to get the pending flight to Post ?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by where next
Jumping in, I currently have a QR flight (marketed as BA) as Pending for the last four weeks. I therefore cannot raise a claim online but have to wait. BA have credited the connecting flight from DOH to LHR even though I missed the flight due to an emergency landing on the 'pending' flight. any suggestions on how to get the pending flight to Post ?
Is this not a "wash"? (ie did you miss more you should have got than got you should have missed?) Asking because if someone looks into it manually they may well spot the part that should have not been credited in the first place and it may well be reversed.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:36 am

Is the OP due TP and Avios from both CX and QR. I think that if bumped from a OW flight to a fligt operated by an airline in another alliance claims were accepted for both the non-taken and the taken flights. Does membership by both airlines in the same alliance affect this? What if both were members of the same group, say IAG?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Is this not a "wash"? (ie did you miss more you should have got than got you should have missed?) Asking because if someone looks into it manually they may well spot the part that should have not been credited in the first place and it may well be reversed.
no, original route ADD-DOH-LHR, ADD-DOH had an unplanned reroute to Djibouti due to burning smell on board. eventually arrived in DOH on replacement aircraft. Rebooked by QR on DOH-LGW flight which was earliest available. DOH-LHR (under BA flight no.) credited automatically even though I wasn't on the flight, DOH-LGW did not appeared on account so not going to chase that as I don't feel it would be right to claim for both. The ADD-DOH is still showing as pending when I look on my account after 4 weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Quick update, I needed the assistance of the lovely Lisa from the BAMissingAvios account on here but after some too-ing and fro-ing I managed to get the missing 280 tier points credited.

Great service from Lisa, very slow service from CX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.