Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to BA flight numbers for IB services LHR-MAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BA flight numbers for IB services LHR-MAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
What's strange is she definitely had Iberia uniform and name badge on, not BA. Is that normal?

That would make sense, my BA issued boarding pass said Group 1 (I have OWE status) but from what you've just said that's actually incorrect and it should have something else printed on it
What a joke in reading this forum. If I have a wheelie and are within limits I don't want to be asked to place bag in hold. This whole IB and BA situation teething troubles or not sounds like a farce and in reality is worse than flying EZY and close to RYR. Please sort it! It's another example where BA and OW status means nothing!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
[QUOTE=andrewr1985;30364401]What's strange is she definitely had Iberia uniform and name badge on, not BA. Is that normal?

/QUOTE]

Definitely no IB uniforms at LHR. They are wearing IB lanyards and a name badge which just has 'Customer Service'.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
how to change seats on IB-op, BA-ticketed LHR-MAD

Flying LHR-MAD next week, IB-operated, BA-ticketed. I can see my seat assignment on both ba.com and ib.com - which is 35D. [Wow, thanks for at least giving me an aisle seat in the very last row of the 321. ] But I can't change it - ib.com says 'this flight does not permit seat selection'. My BA Silver number is in the booking okay...

From previous experience with codeshares, OLCI is usually somewhere between clumsy and useless - is it going to be possible to change seats at OLCI, or will I have to go to a desk in T5? Will it even be possible there?

Thanks for any advice/experiences.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Following the changes to the IB services last year, does anyone know whether it's now possible to check in and drop a bag more than 3 hours before the flight at T5, travelling in Business?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Following the changes to the IB services last year, does anyone know whether it's now possible to check in and drop a bag more than 3 hours before the flight at T5, travelling in Business?
bump. I too am wondering if it's possible to drop bags off earlier in the day for an IB service later .
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
This thread very helpful. On first RAK via MAD flight on IB tomorrow (TP run £2.08 /TP) , a bit fed up that with seats 1A, 1C confirmed some time ago the check in has split us to 1A, 2A. Assume some IB big-wig premier (or Alex Cruz) has grabbed 1C and so turfed my wife out of 1C. Rest assured if it is Alex he will get a piece of my mind on behalf of all FT contributors on this board.

The different reservation systems 5 letter/number vs 6 (Amadeus) is a bit of a pain too, the IT integration is not good.

And quite disturbed to hear that check-in is only 2 1/2 hours before flight; and <smugmode> how are we supposed to have a leisurely breakfast and simultaneously deplete GF of its daily champagne quota to celebrate that I have gold level of tier points in the bag even though my new earning year only starts tomorrow <\smugmode> ?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
I saw a few posts from July asking if you could use Bag-Drop more than 3 hours in advance. Does anybody have any updates on this as I wanted to do the same or is it still 3 hours prior?

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.