T5 Arrivals Lounge - Concorde Room

Old Aug 23, 18, 4:24 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Programs: BA
Posts: 193
T5 Arrivals Lounge - Concorde Room

Hi all - Looking for some guidance and confirmation here.

I rarely have the energy or the time to visit the arrivals lounge when returning from a long haul flight and tend to head straight for the oddly suited drivers hanging around the costa coffee shop while I try to remember my own name and how it would look on a badly written name board. That being said, this morning was different as I had a text that my driver was 30mins out. So with that, I headed up the escalators to the arrival lounge. I'm a CCR Card holder and came off a CW flight. I presented my card and boarding pass only to be told that it doesn't give me access to the arrivals CCR room. With the somewhat perplexed look on my face, i asked the agent to check again to which she responded it just doesn't but she would make an exception this one time.

Is this the case?!? Has anyone else come across similar? Disappointed as this white piece of plastic is starting to have very little use aside from the general CCR access at LHR departures.

Thanks
FSHHUNT is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:30 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oxford
Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Posts: 607
The Lounge Access guide suggests that for CCR Card Holders:
  • BA Arrivals lounge:
    Once access into arrivals lounge has been granted by class of travel or status, Concorde Room cardholders have access to the inner Concorde Breakfast Room with a guest. The Concorde Room card in isolation does not grant arrivals lounge access.
Perhaps the agent was expecting to see your Gold card or boarding pass in addition to the CCR card?
stuart_f is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:34 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by FSHHUNT View Post
I'm a CCR Card holder and came off a CW flight. I presented my card and boarding pass only to be told that it doesn't give me access to the arrivals CCR room. With the somewhat perplexed look on my face, i asked the agent to check again to which she responded it just doesn't but she would make an exception this one time.

Is this the case?!? Has anyone else come across similar? Disappointed as this white piece of plastic is starting to have very little use aside from the general CCR access at LHR departures.

Thanks
In this case you should have been allowed with no questions asked, not as an ‘exception’. Access to the lounge would have been gained with the CW boarding pass and then the CCR Card allows access to the breakfast room.


Boeing77W is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:38 am
  #4  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,583
The agent was completely wrong. Access to the Arrivals lounge was by virtue of your inbound CW bp. Once you are eligible to access a CCR card holder gets access to the Concorde breakfast room.

Directly from the lounge ligibility guide - this is repeated in the specific lounge pages and also the tables later on. In these cases it is often useful to ask the agent to get the guide out and check:

Access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge is based on cabin- or Executive Club tier eligibility.

Once access has been granted through criteria above, Concorde Room cardholders have access to the Concorde Breakfast Room with a guest. The Concorde Room card in isolation does not grant arrivals lounge access.
KARFA is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:41 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,343
It seems the agent probably realised their mistake and instead of back peddling they granted an "exception" to save face.
Steve_ZA is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 5:02 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,858
I can't stand that type of customer service.

Why not just apologise? It's quick and I bet it would not make the OP have posted his or her frustration..

That said, I don't really like CCR Arrivals. Feels like a goldfish bowl.
The main lounge is peaceful enough.
Dambus and mhy like this.
Sealink is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 7:29 am
  #7  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 22,011
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
The main lounge is peaceful enough.
It's easier to get away from a shouty mobile phone user in the main part of the Arrivals Lounge than in the Concorde Breakfast Room. You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Aug 23, 18, 8:01 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Posts: 18,313
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
It's easier to get away from a shouty mobile phone user in the main part of the Arrivals Lounge than in the Concorde Breakfast Room. You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
Although on more than one occasion I've gone in there and the only other person in there has been a shouty mobile phone user treating it as their private phonebooth. Even for those who aren't shouty the acoustics of the place don't help.
Sealink likes this.
Fraser is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: B A Gold
Posts: 88
Talking I am British so too polite for own good

Car Service I use track my flights so even when I tell them to give me an extra 45 mins the driver us there. I feel bad leaving him standing there so feel obliged to give the CCR breakfast room a miss .... Far too British
Laphroaig57 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 11:00 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 25,817
Originally Posted by Laphroaig57 View Post
Car Service I use track my flights so even when I tell them to give me an extra 45 mins the driver us there. I feel bad leaving him standing there so feel obliged to give the CCR breakfast room a miss .... Far too British
Tge vast majority of non Brits would hate to leave someone coming to pick them up wait too Iím glad to assure you

Most of the world is thankfully polite and any misconception that the Brits are more polite than most can be easily corrected by walking through any town centre on a Friday evening or attending a football game. The Japanese on the other hand...
nancypants likes this.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:46 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
The Japanese on the other hand...
...are extremely polite, unless you have had to suffer the misfortune of surrendering to them.
nancypants and mhy like this.
Obruni Boy is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:00 pm
  #12  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 22,011
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post


Tge vast majority of non Brits would hate to leave someone coming to pick them up wait too Iím glad to assure you

Most of the world is thankfully polite and any misconception that the Brits are more polite than most can be easily corrected by walking through any town centre on a Friday evening or attending a football game. The Japanese on the other hand...
I have been disappointed by increasing number of Japanese passengers talking at medium level on their phone in lounges right in front of the NO PHONE sign recently, both at NH and JL lounges. I haven't seen ones walking around and talking at the top of their voice so that everyone within 30 yards of them can hear them like they do at QF domestic lounges yet though!

I think they too are losing that comply-with-rules thing a bit there.
watersign likes this.
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Aug 25, 18, 12:33 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
That's an astute comment bearing in mind the shenanigans in Canberra this week
GoldCanyon340 is offline  
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:19 am
  #14  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 22,011
Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340 View Post
That's an astute comment bearing in mind the shenanigans in Canberra this week
Come to think of it, you might well do, over the weekend

P.S. On the contrary you may have difficulties having any conversation at the normal volume at CBR lounges on any Friday evening In reality I believe the exodus is a little less pronounced nowadays... but you might get my gist.
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Jul 19, 19, 4:50 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Posts: 577
Cw vs ce

Good morning. I just wanna make sure the entrance to the arrival in t5 is strictly for long haul flights?
So if I arrive in club Europe.. I will not have access, correct..?
Vasco Pridat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: