T5 Arrivals Lounge - Concorde Room

Old Aug 23, 18, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
T5 Arrivals Lounge - Concorde Room

Hi all - Looking for some guidance and confirmation here.

I rarely have the energy or the time to visit the arrivals lounge when returning from a long haul flight and tend to head straight for the oddly suited drivers hanging around the costa coffee shop while I try to remember my own name and how it would look on a badly written name board. That being said, this morning was different as I had a text that my driver was 30mins out. So with that, I headed up the escalators to the arrival lounge. I'm a CCR Card holder and came off a CW flight. I presented my card and boarding pass only to be told that it doesn't give me access to the arrivals CCR room. With the somewhat perplexed look on my face, i asked the agent to check again to which she responded it just doesn't but she would make an exception this one time.

Is this the case?!? Has anyone else come across similar? Disappointed as this white piece of plastic is starting to have very little use aside from the general CCR access at LHR departures.

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:30 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
The Lounge Access guide suggests that for CCR Card Holders:
  • BA Arrivals lounge:
    Once access into arrivals lounge has been granted by class of travel or status, Concorde Room cardholders have access to the inner Concorde Breakfast Room with a guest. The Concorde Room card in isolation does not grant arrivals lounge access.
Perhaps the agent was expecting to see your Gold card or boarding pass in addition to the CCR card?
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FSHHUNT View Post
I'm a CCR Card holder and came off a CW flight. I presented my card and boarding pass only to be told that it doesn't give me access to the arrivals CCR room. With the somewhat perplexed look on my face, i asked the agent to check again to which she responded it just doesn't but she would make an exception this one time.

Is this the case?!? Has anyone else come across similar? Disappointed as this white piece of plastic is starting to have very little use aside from the general CCR access at LHR departures.

Thanks
In this case you should have been allowed with no questions asked, not as an ‘exception’. Access to the lounge would have been gained with the CW boarding pass and then the CCR Card allows access to the breakfast room.

Old Aug 23, 18, 4:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The agent was completely wrong. Access to the Arrivals lounge was by virtue of your inbound CW bp. Once you are eligible to access a CCR card holder gets access to the Concorde breakfast room.

Directly from the lounge ligibility guide - this is repeated in the specific lounge pages and also the tables later on. In these cases it is often useful to ask the agent to get the guide out and check:

Access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge is based on cabin- or Executive Club tier eligibility.

Once access has been granted through criteria above, Concorde Room cardholders have access to the Concorde Breakfast Room with a guest. The Concorde Room card in isolation does not grant arrivals lounge access.
Old Aug 23, 18, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
It seems the agent probably realised their mistake and instead of back peddling they granted an "exception" to save face.
Old Aug 23, 18, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I can't stand that type of customer service.

Why not just apologise? It's quick and I bet it would not make the OP have posted his or her frustration..

That said, I don't really like CCR Arrivals. Feels like a goldfish bowl.
The main lounge is peaceful enough.
Dambus and mhy like this.
Old Aug 23, 18, 7:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
The main lounge is peaceful enough.
It's easier to get away from a shouty mobile phone user in the main part of the Arrivals Lounge than in the Concorde Breakfast Room. You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
Old Aug 23, 18, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
It's easier to get away from a shouty mobile phone user in the main part of the Arrivals Lounge than in the Concorde Breakfast Room. You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
Although on more than one occasion I've gone in there and the only other person in there has been a shouty mobile phone user treating it as their private phonebooth. Even for those who aren't shouty the acoustics of the place don't help.
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:44 am

Programs: B A Gold
Talking I am British so too polite for own good

Car Service I use track my flights so even when I tell them to give me an extra 45 mins the driver us there. I feel bad leaving him standing there so feel obliged to give the CCR breakfast room a miss .... Far too British
Old Aug 24, 18, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Laphroaig57 View Post
Car Service I use track my flights so even when I tell them to give me an extra 45 mins the driver us there. I feel bad leaving him standing there so feel obliged to give the CCR breakfast room a miss .... Far too British
Tge vast majority of non Brits would hate to leave someone coming to pick them up wait too Iím glad to assure you

Most of the world is thankfully polite and any misconception that the Brits are more polite than most can be easily corrected by walking through any town centre on a Friday evening or attending a football game. The Japanese on the other hand...
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
The Japanese on the other hand...
...are extremely polite, unless you have had to suffer the misfortune of surrendering to them.
nancypants and mhy like this.
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post

Tge vast majority of non Brits would hate to leave someone coming to pick them up wait too Iím glad to assure you

Most of the world is thankfully polite and any misconception that the Brits are more polite than most can be easily corrected by walking through any town centre on a Friday evening or attending a football game. The Japanese on the other hand...
I have been disappointed by increasing number of Japanese passengers talking at medium level on their phone in lounges right in front of the NO PHONE sign recently, both at NH and JL lounges. I haven't seen ones walking around and talking at the top of their voice so that everyone within 30 yards of them can hear them like they do at QF domestic lounges yet though!

I think they too are losing that comply-with-rules thing a bit there.
watersign likes this.
Old Aug 25, 18, 12:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
You hear anyone shouty, anywhere at all, in the CBR, and you get a lot of them.
That's an astute comment bearing in mind the shenanigans in Canberra this week
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340 View Post
That's an astute comment bearing in mind the shenanigans in Canberra this week
Come to think of it, you might well do, over the weekend

P.S. On the contrary you may have difficulties having any conversation at the normal volume at CBR lounges on any Friday evening In reality I believe the exodus is a little less pronounced nowadays... but you might get my gist.
Old Jul 19, 19, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Cw vs ce

Good morning. I just wanna make sure the entrance to the arrival in t5 is strictly for long haul flights?
So if I arrive in club Europe.. I will not have access, correct..?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: