which booking code do I need?

Old Aug 22, 18, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
which booking code do I need?

Looking to run a EF alert on a flight for a Club Europe seat using Avios.... Can't tell which booking code I need. Is it U or is that just for J long-haul?

Can I purchase Y now and then pay the mileage difference to upgrade if the flight becomes available with no change fee? Really stinks because I assume you get fast track at LHR even in Club Europe.

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 18, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Selecting "Business - Award & Upgrade (U)" will show Club Europe seats on short haul and Club World seats on long haul.
Old Aug 27, 18, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
Can I purchase Y now and then pay the mileage difference to upgrade if the flight becomes available with no change fee?
You will have to pay a fee unless you are GGL or above.

The standard change fee is 35. If you have paid less than that for taxes, fees and charges for your economy award ticket (for example, if you have paid only the RFS fee of 17.50), you could simply make a new booking in Club and cancel the economy booking, forfeiting the amount of cash you have paid but with no liability to pay anything more for cancellation. If you have paid more than 35 for TFC, then it doesn't really matter whether you cancel and rebook, or simply change the existing booking.