Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Propeller Travel to upgrade an existing booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL

I promise that I have searched through the relevant threads first, but I would like to ask the Forum if any of you have ever asked Propeller Travel (PT) to use a GUF1 to upgrade an existing booking that you’ve already made with BA via the Web? I have an existing work booking that I would like to upgrade.

I’ve used PT to book two GUF2 upgrades recently and have been very pleased so would like to use them again. I could just ask them, but thought that a thread that could be found by others might be useful.
danielbk likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
TA cannot upgrade an existing booking, you are out of luck
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:14 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JP Flyer
I promise that I have searched through the relevant threads first, but I would like to ask the Forum if any of you have ever asked Propeller Travel (PT) to use a GUF1 to upgrade an existing booking that you’ve already made with BA via the Web? I have an existing work booking that I would like to upgrade.

I’ve used PT to book two GUF2 upgrades recently and have been very pleased so would like to use them again. I could just ask them, but thought that a thread that could be found by others might be useful.
I saw this site the other day and did a brief search and couldn't find out much about them. It sounded like a scam to me (if it looks too good to be true it usually is). Any other FTer's used them?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve used Propeller and they were fine but they do take a big fee on top of the fare.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:26 pm

If the booking was made direct with BA no travel agent would be able to service the booking.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I have used Propeller Travel. They have been really helpful in locating fares and advising on options including on using GUF vouchers. I recommend them from my personal experience.
Filthy Monkey and flyerkit like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:32 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I’ve used Propeller and they were fine but they do take a big fee on top of the fare.
Thanks, there are so many sites like this around now it's difficult to weed the good from the bad from the ugly without feedback from folks here.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I saw this site the other day and did a brief search and couldn't find out much about them. It sounded like a scam to me (if it looks too good to be true it usually is). Any other FTer's used them?
Propeller are a completely legitimate company. Many FTers have used them. It is a quirk in the way in which TAs can access revenue classes to use GUFs whereas booking direct with BA requires reward space to be available to use the GUF.
Filthy Monkey likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have used Propeller in the past and have always found them helpful and efficient. They definitely a legitimate company.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Another positive vote on Propeller. Excellent customer service! They are worth the fee and very responsive via email, which is great if you need to contact them while travelling.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
TA cannot upgrade an existing booking, you are out of luck
Thanks nufnuf77, I couldn’t find anywhere that told me that.

Dealing with PT is a wee bit quirky as they work US hours and really expect you to have planned out your trip first. I’ve only ever used Travel Agents when I’ve needed advice for difficult travel so wasn’t quite expecting them to be a bit hands off, but having now used my two GUF2s with them, I get the benefit.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
I remember a post a few years back at how they'd been targeted by an unscrupulous airline for assisting people with ex-eu tickets.
If my memory serves me correctly ... It seemed the company had been fairly negatively affected with it being suggested they should pay the difference in costs as people had been skipping the last leg of itineraries..
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
I remember a post a few years back at how they'd been targeted by an unscrupulous airline for assisting people with ex-eu tickets.
If my memory serves me correctly ... It seemed the company had been fairly negatively affected with it being suggested they should pay the difference in costs as people had been skipping the last leg of itineraries..
Does anyone have a link to anything tangible? I’ve searched and only found hints and allusions. It all looks like hearsay only.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
deleted

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Aug 22, 2018 at 1:41 pm Reason: deleted
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador

Does anyone have a link to anything tangible? I’ve searched and only found hints and allusions. It all looks like hearsay only.
There was actually quite a lengthy thread about it that was started by the actual owner of Propeller though he has a different handle on here.

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne

No need to be coy. The 'unscrupulous' company as you put it was BA and was simply following through with its agreement with the agency.

They were not targeted for 'assisting people with ex-eu tickets' but when rather a lot of customers of said agency drop the last legs of ex-EU tickets BA was going to take notice-
danielbk, youngfogey and Beltway2A like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.