Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HighLife Shop Magazine Cover Cloning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
HighLife Shop Magazine Cover Cloning

'Really Inconsequential but Curious Nontheless' Quiz of the Week question.

Why would 2 otherwise identical copies of the May - August 2018 Highlife Shop magazine, placed in adjacent CE seat pockets, have 2 different covers ?

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA blue
They probably printed 50% of each to vary them. Then they could also sell the front page to two advertisers at the same time.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Saw this happen on the previous addition and next flying 02 Sept' so will see if it continues at which point reasonably safe to presume it's a new way of doing things. mckvakk 's suggestion of dual advertising revenue makes sense and maybe just to add some extra color and a dash of Jenesequa to the cabin ( in as cheap a way as they can think of re: Mr Cruz)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:00 am

Wink

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Saw this happen on the previous addition and next flying 02 Sept' so will see if it continues at which point reasonably safe to presume it's a new way of doing things. mckvakk 's suggestion of dual advertising revenue makes sense and maybe just to add some extra color and a dash of Jenesequa to the cabin ( in as cheap a way as they can think of re: Mr Cruz)
Is that on the Dulux colour wheel?

(I think the phrase is: "je ne sais quoi".)
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Are you sure one of them wasn't a Long Haul version placed there by mistake?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
As I have never read one, I would not have noticed. When I sit down, if that stuff is in my way, it goes on the floor. I do always read the safety card, though.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Same rubbish sold in both. Load of drab dreary sad brands, the stuff carried by Ryanair and Easyjet is far superior.

I could not tell you the last time that I saw anyone buy anything.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:52 am

There have been multiple covers for the high life shop brochures for quite a few years.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Similarly, Singapore Airlines has done the same for the last several years, and actually issued a press release saying that that was done to give more variety or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.