Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Priority boarding when there is a bus from gate to plane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority boarding when there is a bus from gate to plane.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:24 am

I believe the website states that certain groups will get priority boarding. It doesn't say priority boarding into what. So sometimes it's a plane, and sometimes it's a bus.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I don't get priority boarding on to the No 2 bus at Marylebone. I just get to the front of the queue. It's all in the timing when getting on a bus.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:51 am
Suspended

I think elite pax should have their own bus and it should go first. It is silly that they promise priority boarding as an incentive and then don't provide it.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
I think elite pax should have their own bus and it should go first. It is silly that they promise priority boarding as an incentive and then don't provide it.
I was not allowed on the bus by the gate assistant when flying from SGN to PQC on VN in Business and told to wait! Then a small minibus arrived and brought all of us to the plane before the Economy bus left. A separate smaller bus was also waiting for us when disembarking.

Bussing Business passengers separately is also pretty standard on TK flights within Turkey.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sadly, Priority Boarding doesn’t translate to Priority Disembarkation.

Waiting for hold bags, and Border controls, are the great levellers!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by AAtticus
I like the QR approach in Doha for the E bus gates.
Business passengers can just wait until everyone else in on the plan and then get there own (real business class bus) ride to the aircraft without the hassle.
This works really well, though it is weird if you're at the gate early, waiting for everyone else to get on. The first time I went through I didn't realise the procedure, but it makes more sense.

Also the business class bus is fairly plush I do like this method.

I'd be happy with the Geneva version though, get on at right rear and off at left front. That would mean you're still getting on the flight in virtually the same order that you should.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Sadly, Priority Boarding doesn’t translate to Priority Disembarkation.

Waiting for hold bags, and Border controls, are the great levellers!
TK have a separate Business/Elite Lane at the Passport check in IST and at all security lanes. And whenever I’ve used it, my sense is that their delivery of priority baggage works better than BA’s does!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
If an airline has failed to deliver priority boarding to the point of entering the aircraft then IMO those members with priority boarding have no right to enforce it themselves by bulldozing their way through a bus full of passengers. They need to take it on the chin and then take it up with the airline afterwards.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:40 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CoweyB
TK have a separate Business/Elite Lane at the Passport check in IST and at all security lanes. And whenever I’ve used it, my sense is that their delivery of priority baggage works better than BA’s does!
Only been to IST once and I got OpUp-ed on the way out and thankfully spotted the priority passport lane from the signage. Sweet. Never seen it anywhere else.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The best bus to and from the terminal that I ever had was at Carrasco, Montevideo.
Private transfer to VIP lounge. Passport and luggage taken away, and all dealt with.
I guess my hosts had some sort of influence. (Or dollars).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AAtticus
I like the QR approach in Doha for the E bus gates.
Business passengers can just wait until everyone else in on the plan and then get there own (real business class bus) ride to the aircraft without the hassle.
On a recent flight into Doha a bus was provided for all 7 of us in business class.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm a CE passenger and I'm happy to stand in line so long as the bubbles are doing their job.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:19 am

All these references to buses and foreign parts....really.

Someone was on here yesterday saying it was only in UK where there was a lack of jetbridges due yo lack of political will
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
As a blue, I think all gates should be bused. It levels the playing field. It has the added advantage of annoying the few Group 1s who care about this stuff.
Level playing fields are kind of anathema to loyalty schemes...

Myself and Mrs JP spent the extra Ł25 each, on flying Sky Boss on VietJet last year with very low expectations. We got to board ahead of the Veterans of the American War and then at Ho Chi Minh City, the passengers behind us (including a very mouthy lady in a camo bikini top who seemed to think she was special) were held at bay until we boarded our own Mercedes Sprinter minibus. They also arranged the luggage truck so that our bags would come off first.

That’s what I would like to see for CE/Goldies at LGW ;-)

Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

@proudeelitist - quite right too. Yesterday 22/08 was on a flt LHR-AUH and in group 2, on a 4 class B772. The gate staff just allowed the bus to fill up accordingly. Yesterday was particularly annoying as many of our colonial cousins sometimes referred to as Trailer Trash (by their own compatriots) mainly from the school teaching sector returning from annual leave,were jabbering away loudly about my own home city, which by their own conversations, I learnt they had discovered only 2 years or so ago, but talking very loudly and authoritatively (as they do), about which school the kids go to and which do they teach at.
Fortunately once inside the cabin, serenity resumed as I took my seat in 'J'.
However as mentioned above QR have the perfect system for this, if only BA would follow it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.