FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Single ticket fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1926482-single-ticket-fares.html)

thecoogan Aug 21, 2018 11:46 am

Single ticket fares

I知 looking for some advice. I知 trying to get return flights from VVI to LHR but getting crazy prices when looking for a single ticket.

I can can get a fairly good deal buying separate tickets MIA to LHR (with BA) and VVI to MIA (with AA).

Is it worth me calling BA or AA for a single ticket quote? Or will they just give me the crazy prices I can see on AA online anyway?

golfmad Aug 21, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm a bit confused by your post. When you say 'single' do you mean one-way? If so the confusing part is that you say you're looking for a return ticket.

thecoogan Aug 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Maybe the correct term would be a single booking?

golfmad Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by thecoogan (Post 30111336)
Maybe the correct term would be a single booking?

Do you mean a return ticket for one person?

corporate-wage-slave Aug 21, 2018 12:22 pm

I assume you mean one PNR / booking with AA and BA mixed, but a return ticket VIV-LHR and back. Without specific dates and fares you can only get a possibly useless general answer.

BA can book AA fares, it's not likely to be cheaper than online, but it does have the merit of getting the Amex Avios bonus. Some fares cannot be sold by BA, they can only be sold via AA. If this is a protection issue, then AA will protect AA's end of a booking if there are delays. Broadly speaking however (and specifics will vary) through ticketing brings additional protection benefits, is sometimes more expensive, sometimes less expensive. Possibly an agent will spot something which will bring the cost down over BA.com, which may well be forcing fares into expensive Codeshare buckets, for example, when Prime would be cheaper. Clearly it wouldn't cost anything to ring BA and see what they can offer, if the price is too high then then you can decline to take the matter forward.

Markonen Aug 21, 2018 12:24 pm

What kind of prices are you seeing? With the separate bookings, are you looking at the exact same flights as with the single booking?

If you do end up making separate bookings, I'd consider overnighting in MIA (which would, of course, eat into the savings). Even if both of your flights are with Oneworld, you're not necessarily protected if something goes wrong.

Often1 Aug 21, 2018 1:08 pm

OP - We need the exact details of what you are looking for. Your posts are confusing and lack items such as dates, class of service and the like. With that information, people here can give you excellent advice. Without it, you gets lots of speculation.

thecoogan Aug 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Looking at flying 28/09 VVI to LHR (through the US so via MIA) returning on the 18th-20th of October.

I知 looking for WTP on the translantic part but economy on all other flights. Round trip WTP tickets through AA are coming back at over 」4,000. But I can get the economy flights for 」395 from VVI-MIA-VVI with AA then I can get the return WTP for around $1,200 with BA.

Would prefer a single booking for the obvious reasons.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 21, 2018 1:51 pm

You can get a full round trip in Business on Iberia or BA for 」2720 on these dates for VVI-LHR return. And things like VVI-OPO in Business for 」2431

Otherwise I see this, which is near to your original fare, which suggests it is not just an end-on-end fare since it is through routed. I would see if BA can book this, otherwise a competent travel agent should.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...09617e1cf2.png

Fare 1: Carrier BA TNLN5B SRZ to LON (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code H, TCovers VVI-MIA (Economy), MIA-LHR (Premium economy) 」425.69
Fare 2: Carrier IB TNNN5O LON to SRZ (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code T, HCovers LHR-MIA (Premium economy), MIA-VVI (Economy) 」583.41

Bolivia Sales Tax (BO)」150.80BA YQ surcharge (YQ)」299.00US September 11th Security Fee (AY)」8.80United States Immigration User Fee (XY)」11.00United States Customs User Fee (YC)」8.80United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)」6.20Bolivia Exit Tax (YW)」38.10Bolivia Passenger Service Charge (A7)」19.60United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB)」44.91United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty APD (GB)」156.00US Passenger Facility Charge (XF)」3.50Subtotal per passenger」1,755.71Number of passengersx1Subtotal For 1 adult」1,755.71

FlyerTalker688786 Aug 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by thecoogan (Post 30111179)
I知 looking for some advice. I知 trying to get return flights from VVI to LHR but getting crazy prices when looking for a single ticket.

I can can get a fairly good deal buying separate tickets MIA to LHR (with BA) and VVI to MIA (with AA).

Is it worth me calling BA or AA for a single ticket quote? Or will they just give me the crazy prices I can see on AA online anyway?

No, you can not combine two fares (MIA-LHR+VVI-MIA) into a single one. VVI - LHR will re-price the whole itinerary to the 'crazy price' you saw first. I hope that answers your questions.

Also have you tried separate ticket of VVI-LIM/GRU and then LIM/GRU-LHR?

ilcannone Aug 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Bolivia is an expensive country to fly in/out of anyway!

thecoogan Aug 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao (Post 30111819)
Also have you tried separate ticket of VVI-LIM/GRU and then LIM/GRU-LHR?

I have tried Lima, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires without luck. I'll probably just book separate tickets then. Thanks all.