Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC issues with CX / KA availability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

BAEC issues with CX / KA availability

Trying to book a simple one way flight from HKG to RGN, it's a KA flight. Plenty of award space on the Asia Miles program.

Nothing available on BAEC. Are there still issues? Or is CX/KA blocking partners from booking it?

Flights in December, is it likely to get released? I don't think it's a popular route so should be space.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm afraid it could be again a matter of married segments. You can't find the simple direct HKG-RGN via BA.com, but if you look, for example, at PVG-HKG-RGN the KA availability pops up.
I find it really frustrating as you can't even call and ask for just the HKG-XXX segment.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:09 pm

Agree I think there are married segment issues with CX flights right now - has anyone been able to successfully book any one-segment flights to/from HKG in the last month or more, since the Asia Miles changes?

Even intra-Asia routes (like BKK-HKG) that used to have loads of availability show zilch. Its very annoying.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by makin'miles
- has anyone been able to successfully book any one-segment flights to/from HKG in the last month or more, since the Asia Miles changes.
Yes, I was able to book HKG-TPE return in July. Also HKG-LHR. Both were short notice (a few days), so as I understand it the availability doesn’t show up on BAEC less that’s 6 or so days anyway. Search for availability on Qantas, call BAEC to book.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
some flights in oct/nov
dec still seems to have been zeroed out though
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
As of this morning the BA engine doesn't return any CX flights for me. I hope this is a temporary glitch.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC
The way to get around this is to call up, put the married segment itinerary on hold and then call back later and cancel the leg you don’t want. It will then ticket fine.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
The way to get around this is to call up, put the married segment itinerary on hold and then call back later and cancel the leg you don’t want. It will then ticket fine.
For what I know, this doesn't work with BA.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Can you put a reward booking on hold with BA? I thought holds only worked for revenue bookings?

I was thinking about this the other day. Let's say you wanted HKG-NRT but it was only available as part of a married segment. Would a solution would be to book a connecting itinerary such as PVG-HKG-NRT and then either cancel the PVG-HKG within the cooling off period, or if you are a GGL at any time later on just leaving HKG-NRT on the booking?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by KARFA
Can you put a reward booking on hold with BA? I thought holds only worked for revenue bookings?
I don't know about partners, but definitely BA flights can be held for 72 hours or so.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I don't know about partners, but definitely BA flights can be held for 72 hours or so.
Thanks. If this is what applies then looks like they can't as it is only for BA and IB flights

https://www.britishairways.com/en-de...r-flight-price

1. Hold Bookings are available on selected British Airways and Iberia operated flights booked through ba.com which are booked 21 days before the intended date of travel.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks. If this is what applies then looks like they can't as it is only for BA and IB flights

https://www.britishairways.com/en-de...r-flight-price
But still doesn't work for avios bookings... right?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
But still doesn't work for avios bookings... right?
It does, but it may be a GGL perk. I've had GGL agents proactively offering putting the flights on hold for me to make up my mind and call later to get the tickets issued.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Issues widely reported in recent weeks ago seem to be largely resolved. Much more availability showing on single segments to/from HKG.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was able to book 2 seats HKG-RGN on KA J earlier this month for September but have definitely noticed availability dropping at least with several SEA routes. As mentioned BKK-HKG is zeroed out with only RJ available usually, CNX-HKG the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.