Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Fresh juice spotted today at LGW GF.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Fresh juice spotted today at LGW GF.
Sadly it remains "enhanced" at LHR T5 GF.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:30 am

Fresh orange juice still unavailable at GF LHR T5. The staff nearby were pretty clueless - “we never had real orange juice”.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Confirmed
I certainly miss the other fresh orange juice thread.
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Fresh orange juice still unavailable at GF LHR T5. The staff nearby were pretty clueless - “we never had real orange juice”.
Same again today (15th). Added to the cheap champagne (Canard-Duchene NV = Ł22) in the F lounge there’s a sense of corners being cut. Oh for the days of Bollinger Grand Annee as the standard F lounge champagne ... and fresh OJ.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
On my recent stays in the CCR there has also been no fresh orange juice available. Mumbled apologies, lame excuses, etc.

Today I sent an email to the GGL team in the hope I might get things to move.

I wrote:
===========================================
On recent visits to the Concorde Room, the Orange Juice, which had always been fresh in the past has been replaced by something akin to Tropicana (maybe it is Tropicana) which tastes very different to fresh orange juice.

I guess that someone has found an easy target to save a little money on, but somehow I don't think the CCR is the place where such penny pinching is really appropriate.

Is there any hope of sanity being restored?
The reply I received does not induce much optimism, I'm afraid:
Dear mikebg,

Thank you for your email. I'm very sorry to hear about the changes to the orange juice in the Concorde Room. I unfortunately cannot guarantee that this will be changed however I have contacted the Concorde Room directly to make them aware and pass on your feedback.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards
R
British Airways Gold Guest List

My next step in the past would have been to send an email to the Head of Catering, who I have met at various BA occasions. Unfortunately, he has left the company and I have no idea who his successor is (I certainly haven't met them). From the little I have managed to glean from the web it seems that BA advertised the position but have not appointed anyone yet.

Last edited by mikebg; Jun 2, 2019 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It’s worth the fight, where CR or FLounge. Our little Boutique hotel in Valletta (MLA for the uninitiated) squeezes oranges by the dozen for breakfast.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30205730-post2.html

All it needs is a focus on excellence instead of raw profit.

Last edited by T8191; Jun 2, 2019 at 12:07 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:52 pm

To my disappointment the fresh orange juice appears to be enhanced away in the CCR as well as GF LHR.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by T8191
It’s worth the fight, where CR or FLounge. Our little Boutique hotel in Valletta (MLA for the uninitiated) squeezes oranges by the dozen for breakfast.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30205730-post2.html

All it needs is a focus on excellence instead of raw profit.
My local Tesco has a juicing machine. 3 different sizes of bar coded bottles and a gigantic hopper full of fresh oranges. The finished product is rather good. Better if enhanced by some Vodka, which they also sell.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
My local Tesco has a juicing machine. 3 different sizes of bar coded bottles and a gigantic hopper full of fresh oranges. The finished product is rather good. Better if enhanced by some Vodka, which they also sell.
now that’s a handy tip. Might start using my Campari bottle again.
rapidex likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
To my disappointment the fresh orange juice appears to be enhanced away in the CCR as well as GF LHR.
Been like that foe ages now
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
Been like that foe ages now
I did know about GF but not the CCR. GF LGW had real orange juice last time I passed through Gatwick. At least the real thing was available on board.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I used to really enjoy the fresh orange (and grapefruit juice) previously served in the first lounge at Heathrow. On early morning flights one glass of OJ and a bit of food was all I required to set me up for the day.

Now that my treat has been penny-pinched away I've taken to diluting the tropicana-style substitute with champagne to make it more palatable. I've found 2/3 champagne is about right. Not sure that BA are ahead on this one!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by lotus918
You should see the bacon in the LGW F lounge today, I think my shoe leather was more appealing! To the credit of the staff, they did make me a nice fresh order when I asked.
Blimey, that sounds like it was worse than cobblers.

Did they have your size and style? I must say a stylish brogue emporium in the lounge is quite an enhancement.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:14 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
I am dying of laughter reading this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.