Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Your self-sacrifice for the community is, I’m sure, widely appreciated!
mhy likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by T8191
CWS employs the "To Fly. To Serve." motto, even if BA doesn't always meet that standard.
T8191 and mhy like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Self-sacrifice .... ?? Aww..... come on. The BA lounges aren’t that bad !

Oops .... sorry ..... you were talking about the inferior orange juice ... ?
T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Being a glutton for punishment, I did check this out this morning, and the reports from last week are quite correct - they did serve concentrated orange juice due to the main freshly squeezed product being unavailable from the suppliers. The lounge manager suggested it really wasn't a great product even by concentrate standards, it almost sounds like they were serving Sunny Delight in Flounge. He said it looked quite pale too. They have now restored supplies from a third product described on its packaging as "fresh orange juce, not from concentrate", and that's what I had this morning. It's OK, though clearly not as good as the original product. If the original product comes back on supply, it will be restored to Flounge, this isn't an intended downgrade.
Thanks CWS. For those who don't like to indulge in alcohol - the fresh orange was fantastic.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:47 am

Maybe they have had to remove the 'Fresh orange Juice' sign because it was not fresh orange juice? If I order fresh orange juice I expect it to be freshly squeezed, no less. The pasteurised versus 'from concentrate orange' juice is a different discussion.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
No fresh orange juice at GF LHR T5 as of this morning.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Btw, CCR grapefruit juice moved to non-fresh disgusting stuff months ago. At first it was supposed to be a supply issue when I first mentioned it, but by now it seems to be the norm...
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I’m sure I have had fresh orange juice in GF back in December.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Concentrated OJ in GF T5 today (my first trip through here in a little while). A minor but sad cheapening of the experience. I tend to find with hotels that concentrated OJ at breakfast = a sure sign of corners cut elsewhere. I hope the squeezed comes back, although if not then on a bright side it will save me a few thousand calories this year. Thanks BA.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dca100
Concentrated OJ in GF T5 today (my first trip through here in a little while). A minor but sad cheapening of the experience. I tend to find with hotels that concentrated OJ at breakfast = a sure sign of corners cut elsewhere. I hope the squeezed comes back, although if not then on a bright side it will save me a few thousand calories this year. Thanks BA.
Likewise on Sunday morning, I don't pass through that often so wasn't sure if it was a recent change or not.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Concentrated OJ in GF T5 today (my first trip through here in a little while)..
I don't understand this - I saw them refilling with fresh orange juce last night (the area in the central well nearest the First Wing).
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:02 am

I don't understand this - I saw them refilling with fresh orange juce last night (the area in the central well nearest the First Wing).
Interesting. The juice I poured was from the (also new?) dispenser in the drinks area near the buffet. Was most certainly "carton-style" concentrate.

FWIW on a separate topic, I noticed that JW Blue was still avail. (I did not use that as an OJ substitute)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Interesting. The juice I poured was from the (also new?) dispenser in the drinks area near the buffet. Was most certainly "carton-style" concentrate.
All the orange juice comes from cartons [pretty much everywhere in the UK], but there are 3 supply chains here, two freshly squeezed, one concentrate. If it was a mainly white carton it was fresh. I subsequently asked the Flounge supervisor whether concentrate had been used earlier this week and he said no, not least because it's gone of stock so they having to use freshly squeezed in Club too.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Occasionally there are supply chain problems: Last Thursday the barman at the CCR told me they had not received any fresh orange juice that day, although they did have fresh grapefruit juice.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:06 am

All the orange juice comes from cartons [pretty much everywhere in the UK], but there are 3 supply chains here, two freshly squeezed, one concentrate. If it was a mainly white carton it was fresh. I subsequently asked the Flounge supervisor whether concentrate had been used earlier this week and he said no, not least because it's gone of stock so they having to use freshly squeezed in Club too.
Thanks CWS. Must have been a rogue carton yesterday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.