Stop warming my nuts

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Stop warming my nuts

I'm a man who likes my nuts at room temperature, but BA keeps warming them up pre-departure, which I believe softens their naturally taut consistency.

I have on occasion considered asking CC to stop warming my nuts, but I don't want to be perceived as a ball-breaker.

Are warm nuts a matter of policy, or can I ask for my nuts to be served in their natural state?
Sealink, Calchas and emag_eh7 like this.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Aug 19, 2018 at 3:36 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have only encountered warmed nuts on AA. The bag in CW is at ambient temperature, ao I assume you refer to BA F.

Whilst I agree with you on texture, I assume the warming releases natural oils and enhances flavour. But what do I know?
newyorklondon and ChrisMcP like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Or just wait a couple of minutes for your nuts to cool down.

Perhaps waft your nuts about to help speed the process.

Warming nuts releases the oils which enhances their favour.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I mever felt the need to wave my nuts around on AA. I may try that next time.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
...so I assume you refer to BA F.
Yes! Ah, I forgot that nut warming was a special service provided for F customers only.

It's true that I have noticed that when my nuts have been warmed, they exude a certain - actually quite pleasant - aroma.

The very serious problem I face, however, with wafting my nuts about until they reach a more palatable temperature is that a cooled-down nut is no match for a never-warmed nut. The texture is softened. It is a lesser nut.
apeortdz and ChrisMcP like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I have only encountered warmed nuts on AA. The bag in CW is at ambient temperature, ao I assume you refer to BA F.
I've just come off a CW flight and my nuts were indeed served to me in a bowl and not warmed. It was disappointing.

Last F flight my nuts were warmed nicely by the attentive staff.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I started a topic on a ski website called Ski innuendo. Is this a serious thread or am I in a giggle mood tonight.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
I started a topic on a ski website called Ski innuendo. Is this a serious thread or am I in a giggle mood tonight.
I'm sure you can tell by how on the ball everyone is about the pros and cons of nut-warming in F, this is a deadly serious thread
polkacat likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If your prefer your nuts at room temperature please let one of the crew know and you can get them straight from the bag, I do wish all customers were like you as it is now the duty of the CSD to sit with 3 bags of nut between their legs for takeoff just to get them warm.
Prospero, LCY8737, bakera and 28 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I do not like nuts at all. I am more a pretsel men
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If your prefer your nuts at room temperature please let one of the crew know and you can get them straight from the bag, I do wish all customers were like you as it is now the duty of the CSD to sit with 3 bags of nut between their legs for takeoff just to get them warm.
Three pairs sacks bags of nuts in between their legs? What games are BA playing on their crews nowadays?!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Three pairs sacks bags of nuts in between their legs? What games are BA playing on their crews nowadays?!
I'm more concerned which nuts they'd hang on to in the event of an emergency!
wrp96, newyorklondon and ChrisMcP like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I wouldn’t mind one bag but three take some rearranging.
wrp96, newyorklondon and ChrisMcP like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
This is top intelligence, and you have given me the confidence do precisely as you suggest next time, even though it will require some preemptive discussion about my nuts as the cabin crew are extremely speedy with the nut-warming process.
polkacat likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was recently presented with a full nut portion in CW. I'm almost certain they weren't warmed, but I wouldn't have minded either way, given that I was really in the mood for a nut portion.

The only disappointment was that there was only a single serving. I was looking for a second nut portion shortly afterwards, but the supply wasn't due to regenerate for a few hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.