Stop warming my nuts

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seraglio
I do not like nuts at all.
Warm or cold I can't stand them either so always leave them. I'd be happy with a bag of cheese and onion crisps instead....at room temperature rather than risk them being crushed to smithereens by a CSD's crotch.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:36 pm

If you're flexible I recommend taking your own, although the cramped conditions in Y make them difficult to eat.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:55 pm

I am more a pretsel men
If your nuts resemble a pretzel, you may need to seek the attention of a qualified medical professional. Or possibly you could convince a comely fellow passenger to untwist them for you.

/whatever floats your boat.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Have you considered trying to blow on them?
newyorklondon and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:29 pm

This is why BAEC FT, uhm, reaches the places the other boards cant?

Having never had the pleasure of warmed BA F nuts, I must confess that my only experience has been Qatari J warmed nuts. Thankfully they werent quite so warm as to reduce their crunch.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
No one likes soft nuts. If the crew won't oblige your request on how to handle your nuts I suggest ordering a large glass of ice water and placing your nuts and the sack in which they came into the ice water until which time the desired firmness is restored.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Badenoch
No one likes soft nuts.
For me, this gets to the heart of the matter (the kernel if you like). I don't like it when my nuts get slack from overexposure to heat, despite the (ahem, alleged) heightened aroma.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch
No one likes soft nuts. If the crew won't oblige your request on how to handle your nuts I suggest ordering a large glass of ice water and placing your nuts and the sack in which they came into the ice water until which time the desired firmness is restored.
But then youll have to deal with shrinkage.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I do not like nuts at all. I am more a pretsel men
Nah, real men like their nuts!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I never realized hot nuts were such a touchy issue. By what people say on here you'd think they'd want the people mishandling their nuts sacked.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Air Canada servers warm nuts too. I prefer them over cold/room temp nuts. There is just something about warm nuts that is delicious.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
A lot of bloggers would blog warm nuts as a plus in their reports but honestly cold ones taste better imo. I'm no more alone here
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I actually like warm nuts (really brings out the smell), though room temperature nuts aren't too different either.

That in mind, I just came off a QR red-eye to ZRH yesterday, and on that specific flight they were serving hot nuts, and I mean really hot . The bowl was steaming hot, and the almonds and pistachio were as chewy as calamari.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
On a recent AA TATL sector, our rather camp FA got the giggles while saying "I have warmed nuts for you"'. He should be contributing to this thread!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
RJ and NZ serve them cold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.