Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Abandoning an itinerary between LHR & LGW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Abandoning an itinerary between LHR & LGW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Apologies, removing this message as I don't think i'm actually contributing anything new to the thread.

Last edited by danielbk; Aug 20, 2018 at 3:26 am Reason: removed
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm doing this tomorrow, for the first time and with no intentions to repeat it. (My trip really did start after a week in .nl so the inbound leg was "legitimate", but I have no need to go back there until next month.)

When at the airport they ask me "is London your final destination" do I just say yes? Is there any need to pretend that I'm still intending to continue to AMS?

(Reusing this topic to avoid adding yet another one on the same subject, I assume that's preferred?)
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Well, you might as well say you're going to AMS, right? It won't hurt.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Wilmer
I'm doing this tomorrow, for the first time and with no intentions to repeat it. (My trip really did start after a week in .nl so the inbound leg was "legitimate", but I have no need to go back there until next month.)

When at the airport they ask me "is London your final destination" do I just say yes? Is there any need to pretend that I'm still intending to continue to AMS?

(Reusing this topic to avoid adding yet another one on the same subject, I assume that's preferred?)
Where are you travelling from?

I really wouldn’t worry about dropping the last leg. Presumably whoever is going to ask you will have access to your ticket, and will know you’re ticketed on to AMS. Therefore by not mentioning it, you may flag up something that doesn’t feel right. If it was me, I’d probably say AMS to the check-in/passport control agents to keep things simple.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
From NYC. It's been a pretty complicated open-jaw ticket. Got tired of options (or with BA/oneworld actually a lack thereof, with next to no useful US flights from AMS) so I just went for this, and hopefully future trips will be less complicated and can just originate from London again.

Thanks folks! I'll do as suggested. And hope for no incidents that could cause inconvenient rebookings. :-D

(IMHO I've had my share of bad luck already, I was on G-XLEA destined for SFO last month but we got deplaned after a 2h wait because of sparks and melted plastic around the GPU connector. It was exciting.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.