Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What’s the tackiest thing you’ve seen adorned with BA labels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What’s the tackiest thing you’ve seen adorned with BA labels?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
... white PVC tile edging (used to be impossible to get in the US), PVC curtain rail (likewise), or couple of roller blinds from Wilkos.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Years ago I worked in a chemistry lab where environmental samples were analyzed. We received, daily, several Coleman coolers packed with water samples from public waterways. All the coolers were adorned with baggage tags and shipping labels.

We stacked up the coolers in the back room. Every couple of months, a truck would show up to collect them so they could be used over and over.

As it happened, my dad worked for Coleman throughout his career. I took a photo of this huge stack of Coleman coolers and sent it to him for his office. The environmental clients liked steel-cased Coleman coolers because they stood up to a lot of abuse.

Thanks for the memory.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Nothing says tacky like a Louis Vuitton bag.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A World Duty Free carrier bag.

Again, it was mine so I can be as rude as I like about it. However, as the shop shouldn't have been selling the object, I won't be too specific about what happened. Suffice it to say that I bought it at LHR before my outbound flight, having promised that I would not take out the object and wave it around mid-flight, and I knew that I would have to check it for the inbound flight. So one WDF carrier bag containing one small item got a lot of orange "checked baggage" tape and then its own bag tag.

Part of me now wishes I'd taken a photo at the time.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:18 am

In my day as a check-in agent I once tagged a bog (as in the actual WC seat), brand new and wrapped in bubble wrap.
FoxtrotOscar and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business

This here key chain. Very cheap metal makes an awful racket but it was a gift from a friend at IAG so I accepted it with grace as it's the thought that counts and if left on the table in the lounge @LGW seems to have the strange effect of making the staff think your one of them and they run around after you till you ask them to relax.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
My hat box. Some times it never makes the minimum weight for being able to check-in so now I just keep the baggage tag on from previous flights and show proof that it can be checked-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.