Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice....DVT 3 weeks before flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Baec Bronze
Originally Posted by Sewobsessed
Ok....with a gazillion phone calls, BA helped move my trip forward 2 months (which will give her 3 months on blood thinners and to follow up with her doctor who was much pleased we postponed our trip on his advice). Question. Has anyone ever bought travel insurance with what is now going to be a preexisting condition? Who did you buy from and any guess as to what it would cost on a $9k trip?
yes I have varicose veins and suffer from leg ulcers if you follow docs advise and tell insurers the full details it should not be a problem
one suggestion is to yet a yearly policy world wide inc USA etc mine cost £250 but get quotes as it will be down to the individual as what it may cost as for the yearly I was find almost no difference in a couple of weeks etc in cost against a yearly policy
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Sewobsessed
Ok....with a gazillion phone calls, BA helped move my trip forward 2 months (which will give her 3 months on blood thinners and to follow up with her doctor who was much pleased we postponed our trip on his advice). Question. Has anyone ever bought travel insurance with what is now going to be a preexisting condition? Who did you buy from and any guess as to what it would cost on a $9k trip?
glad to hear things are sorted, not sure how much it would cost but you could try a quote from here https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/travel-insurance/dvt/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.