Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does BA have an email address? Claims form is down...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

RANT WARNING

BA's claims form has been down for days right after the weekend of cancellations. And they decide to only have a customer relationship team available (the only ones who can deal with claims because apparently, no one else can) between 13.00-17.00. Seriously, who are the managers in this company who make such stupid decisions? Although - to be fair - having good people rise the top in large companies is rare. Most of the time, it's the turd that rises to the top.

RANT OVER

Seriously - do they have an email for claims?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Only if you’re GGL.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tinseltown
RANT WARNING

BA's claims form has been down for days right after the weekend of cancellations. And they decide to only have a customer relationship team available (the only ones who can deal with claims because apparently, no one else can) between 13.00-17.00. Seriously, who are the managers in this company who make such stupid decisions? Although - to be fair - having good people rise the top in large companies is rare. Most of the time, it's the turd that rises to the top.

RANT OVER

Seriously - do they have an email for claims?
What claim form are you looking for - https://www.britishairways.com/trave...gb#/complaints
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am able to fill in the relevant webform without issue. The way into the system has changed, the mnemonic to remember is
ba.com/helpme

If the "signed in to BAEC" form doesn't work - it seems to for me however - then I guess you could do the "not signed in" form, and mention your BAEC number in the free form text. The downside is that the latter route is almost certainly the slowest route to resolving the issue.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

I think it’s when you start to really fill in the form and add all the itemised details plus receipts where it suddenly fails. I don’t get the ‘Sorry, there is a problem’ screen until I submit my claim. It tells me that everything I’ve just submitted is lost.

Oh, May I just say that their customer relations line is failing now, too. It tells me they’re busy etc. but instead of putting me on hold, it just hangs up.

Last edited by Tinseltown; Aug 15, 2018 at 6:45 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:05 am
Original Poster

I just submitted the claim form again... this time using the Microsoft Edge browser. Still fails. I have tried various computers (Mac & PC) on different networks and different browsers. Nothing works.

P.S.: Don’t even try Chrome. It doesn’t even work on that.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
It was working for me yesterday and this morning when i submitted all my claims
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

I have now submitted the form without the receipts, and that worked. I will send them the receipts by snail mail accompanied by a long letter...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tinseltown
I have now submitted the form without the receipts, and that worked. I will send them the receipts by snail mail accompanied by a long letter...
No, don't do a long letter unless you want a slow reply.

What you can do is leave it a day until you get (hopefully) an incident number, then ideally fax in the receipts under that incident number. BA's faxination is supposed to aggregate it into their documentation system and therefore within a few days you are in the right space. Then if you call in to Customer Relations they will see everything there.

+44 (0) 17 8788 3195
Often1 and stuart_f like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that by claim you mean one under EC 261/2004, do not send a lengthy letter under any circumstance. The Regulation is binary and "less is more." Whether BA has rendered lovely or inadequate service will not change any compensation, duty of care, or refund you may be due. But, the task for sending a letter off to be read to determine whether it changes the facts may easily cost 6-8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.