Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

If BA are going to improve Premium Economy - what would you include??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If BA are going to improve Premium Economy - what would you include??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC
More of a premium attitude from FAs. I generally find them to take this "you people are too cheap to pay for J but still think you're special" approach.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
<snip>I really look forward to BA doing a lot better in PE and maybe leading the standard a bit more.
Ummm... do you believe that BA is "leading the standard" in any aspect of airline service, whatsoever?

Regards
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SCSA
More of a premium attitude from FAs. I generally find them to take this "you people are too cheap to pay for J but still think you're special" approach.
Maybe your experience was a one off, but my experience of BA flight crew has always been good whether it’s in F, J, WTP, or up the back, and I’ve flown with them domestic UK and transatlantic from Gatwick 3 times this year. Given the number of seats in WTP, they’re not going to refer to you as Mr or Ms (insert last name) like they sometimes do in Club world, but the service was there regardless of where you are in the plane. Could be a Heathrow vs Gatwick crew thing too, but I think since a lot are on standby for both airports, you’re going to get a mix anyway (777 pilots are anyway, not sure about the FAs).
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Having flown WTP on the A380, I find it an all round good experience. Ok, the food as always does leave a lot to be desired. But a seat with more leg room and better recline, is a step up on a 10 hour flight to LAX.

I think the the main issue for BA, is the inconsistency of the product through the fleet. You have Old WTP on 747/ and 777, recovered WTP on some 747, New WTP on the A380, 787, 777 and then LGW WTP, throw in varying levels of service between Worldwide and Mixed Fleet and it becomes a bit messy and confused for the passenger.

if there was a more consistent service/hard product then it would be an over all better passenger experience, but that’s just my view.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Jambon87
I think the the main issue for BA, is the inconsistency of the product through the fleet. You have Old WTP on 747/ and 777, recovered WTP on some 747, New WTP on the A380, 787, 777 and then LGW WTP, throw in varying levels of service between Worldwide and Mixed Fleet and it becomes a bit messy and confused for the passenger.

if there was a more consistent service/hard product then it would be an over all better passenger experience, but that’s just my view.
Most of my TATL flights are out of the DC area (even though I'm now formally based in Toledo, OH), and the only way I'd take BA WTP is out of BWI on the 787 (only 747s into IAD). Problem is the BWI service always has priced out $500-1K more than PE on Virgin so I've not been keen to try it (and as I said in an earlier post, given the descriptions of WTP by regulars on this board, it's hard to imagine skipping PE on Virgin if it's a competitive option price/schedule wise).
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:25 am

Been searching around the various threads but can’t see the actual detail.... but how are the lgw refurbed 777’s different in wtp? Is it a smaller seat with less recline ?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I flew WT+ back from LAS to LHR on Wednesday night;

Things for improvement;

(1) Did not see any menus on the flight ( was told the meals were chicken & rice or pasta)
(2) sparkling wine
We did have wrapped cheddar cheese to go with the cream crackers
(3) A full bottle of water with/after the meal
(4) We did have a full english breakfast ( or a fritatta) but with plastic cutlerly and plastic and paper cups for breakfast ( with the paper napkin)- the cutlery as per the main meal would enhance the experience

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eaunoire
... how are the lgw refurbed 777’s different in wtp? Is it a smaller seat with less recline ?
It is the new standard IAG seat https://www.recaro-as.com/en/aircraf...ss/pl3530.html , some rows may have the calf rest

On Iberia https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/0...conomy-cabins/

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Sep 16, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I love WT+. Wouldn't really change anything. Maybe 2 proper meals. Instead of a meal and a snack.
Bcla likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Provision of a companion cat.

I'd downgrade from F to have company of a nice, fluffy cat.

Only if it's a day flight though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.