FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Dual Inventory Fares gone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1925200-dual-inventory-fares-gone.html)

UKTony Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Dual Inventory Fares gone?

Looking at a trip to IAD in October Google Flights shows a good price (<£600) for PE from DUB for both BA and AA. AA site prices using fare basis PKN2T0M4/EUUP but BA errors out. Checking on EF BA have no matching DIF fares which means my plan to use a GUF is void especially as Amex Travel are quoting £1200 (BA) for the same flight, Expedia gets the fare but only for AA and Iberia.

Seems strange that BA are happy for AA to sell their PE seats (under JBA) for a hefty discount.but not have the decency to make a similar offer available :-(

BA : F8 A7 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9 (BA265 OCT4)
AA : F7 A7 J7 R7 D7 I7 W7 P7 Y7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 (AA6226 c/s BA265 BA metal)

AA PE = 2 x Y
BA PE = 4 x Y for rhe same seat, service etc

corporate-wage-slave Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I would suggest it is slightly unfair to suggest DIF has gone just because it isn't available on one particular service. I'm able to get this £615 WTP fare

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...00e89c1207.png

This is down as TKN2T0M4 DUB to WAS, and down in Category 50:
BRITISH AIRWAYS SPECIAL WORLD TRAVELLER PLUS DUAL INVENTORY
FARES
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLY
FROM UNITED KINGDOM TO AREA 1.
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION
FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE
ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/SINGLE OPEN-JAW JOURNEYS.
THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES.
---
AVAILABILITY AND PRICE OF THIS FARE IS DETERMINED
BY THE LOWEST AVAILABLE ECONOMY BOOKING CLASS.
SEE GGAIRBAGDIF FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
With DUB-LHR I can see some issues with getting fare bucket K on some services, but the above example is OK.

UKTony Aug 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Ah .. so BA are not publishing the fares as EF does not show TKN2T0M4 for those dates. Guess it's a waiting game on J award being made available although I'm note sure using a GUF with BA is that straight forward.

Anonba Aug 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by UKTony (Post 30082461)
Looking at a trip to IAD in October Google Flights shows a good price (<£600) for PE from DUB for both BA and AA. AA site prices using fare basis PKN2T0M4/EUUP but BA errors out. Checking on EF BA have no matching DIF fares which means my plan to use a GUF is void especially as Amex Travel are quoting £1200 (BA) for the same flight, Expedia gets the fare but only for AA and Iberia.

Seems strange that BA are happy for AA to sell their PE seats (under JBA) for a hefty discount.but not have the decency to make a similar offer available :-(

BA : F8 A7 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G9 (BA265 OCT4)
AA : F7 A7 J7 R7 D7 I7 W7 P7 Y7 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7 (AA6226 c/s BA265 BA metal)

AA PE = 2 x Y
BA PE = 4 x Y for rhe same seat, service etc

Interesting as BA always only use P as redemptions availabilty!!

UKTony Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm

That is my pain as EF indicates BA award availability:

First - Award & Upgrade Z No
Business - Award & Upgrade U No
Premium Economy - Award & Upgrade P Yes
Economy - Gold Elite Award V 9

To use the GUF with ba.com I need U to open up before 21 days out or the DIF fare to be available to a TA.

I can get the rationale behind BA keeping DIF fares off the open market as it stops UK business travelers (now primarily PE at best for transatlantic) from getting the cheaper fares when booking via corporate TA's.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by UKTony (Post 30082883)
That is my pain as EF indicates BA award availability:

These fares are available to corporate TAs, there is a requirement that they use particular BA endorsed procedures to sell DIF so they aren't public fares, but they are widely available.

At the heart of this is that the fares you are seeking also have to align with particular revenue buckets, redemption availability, BA metal, and the tools you are using aren't helping. To give an illustration, there are DIF + UuA options available on 17 October, but there aren't many CW seats going mid October, it's too near in now. From 27 November onwards this alignment seems possible on virtually every day except around Christmas and Easter.

Takiteasy Aug 14, 2018 3:57 pm

I will make it one if my 2019 resolutions to understand the jargon used in this thread!