Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Enhanced(!) bread choice in Club World (mini-rant!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhanced(!) bread choice in Club World (mini-rant!)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Bread? You can have too much of a good thing! I've probably been flying QR business class too much! Just think of all the good you are doing reducing those carbs!
shefgab likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Sounds good, UncleT - I'll try to be there!

rb211.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
What happened to the three-in-one knotted roll thing that was supposed to be in the new CW service? Has it been enhanced away?

(QR bread, hmm, crumbly hockey pucks of "Arabian" bread, no thanks).
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
What happened to the three-in-one knotted roll thing that was supposed to be in the new CW service? Has it been enhanced away?

(QR bread, hmm, crumbly hockey pucks of "Arabian" bread, no thanks).
Unfortunately this was only for the (Do & Co catered) JFK route.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander
I had the three-in-one roll last month (LHR-JFK). It was decent, although far too big and unnecessary. I was completely and utterly stuffed and regretted it later. I've always been brought up to clear my plate and can't shift the habit!
lukew likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Does any of BA's re-cycled plastic go in to the bread?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I was a bit surprised to see only one kind of bread on my last CW flight (first CW flight in 8 months), but I thought it was an exception not the norm.
I din't like it much; It was muffin shaped, with small seeds, not really soft but not dry. CE bread was way better.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Regardless of the type of bread, I will be happier when it is distributed using tongs or something similarly hygienic, rather than having each passenger reach into the basket with bare hands.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
This isn't anything new unfortunately. Other than the Do&Co 3-in-1 on JFK, the bread selection on the Gate Gourmet-catered CW routes has gone out of the window. It is positively crap.

I remember the first time I got the CW new service and asked for more bread. The look I got, one might have thought I'd asked Mr Bumble the beadle for more... "More...? More...?" Eventually more bread was found, but who knows where they robbed it from.

I too miss the "Manoucher" garlic bread, Soupdragon62. Despite the fact it's made in Canada and shipped in frozen, it's perfectly good stuff.
Soupdragon62 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alifesjourneys
Regardless of the type of bread, I will be happier when it is distributed using tongs or something similarly hygienic, rather than having each passenger reach into the basket with bare hands.
That's already been fixed, by there being only one bread type option - it's already on the tray when it is put in front of you!

rb211.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RB211
That's already been fixed, by there being only one bread type option - it's already on the tray when it is put in front of you!

rb211.
And that's where it seems to stay for most, at least until the tray is removed by CC.

rb211.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by T8191
RB211 ... I shall put that suggestion to her for the next JER DO!!

But first I guess I need to kick one into life ... once I’ve got our 2019 travels sorted!
Ah good. I was wondering when we would get a reference to the next outstanding JER do. Perhaps Iwife will bring fresh bread for us^
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rapidex
Ah good. I was wondering when we would get a reference to the next outstanding JER do. Perhaps Iwife will bring fresh bread for us^
I mentioned it, but she seemed disinclined to bake for the multitude. Perhaps if I threw in a couple of fish?

However, JER 19 is now scribbled on a PostIt in the Study
wrp96 and rapidex like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I mentioned it, but she seemed disinclined to bake for the multitude. Perhaps if I threw in a couple of fish?

However, JER 19 is now scribbled on a PostIt in the Study
This is Flyertalk. A couple of lobsters, and whilst your at it some LPGS.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I just had my first Club World flight and didn't feel that, well, missing because I didn't know about it in the first place.

I guess forgetting is the best remedy, then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.