BA 461 MAD-LHR Email warning advice

Old Aug 14, 18, 1:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

My top tip to navigating Barajas...

Use the lifts, always

When you reach the platform for the train to T4S, position yourself towards right side (as you face the platform doors). This will allow you to exit the train closest to the lifts that'll take up to border control.

We're eyeing Madrid as our new home should we forced into a hard Brexit, so I'm itching to hear how you get on.
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I had the misfortune of a 40 minute passports queue at T4S last month, just 2 windows open, eGates turned off, and an Emirates A380 leaving at a similar time. This was for the Iberia A340 rotation, so around 90 minutes before the BA 777.
Old Aug 14, 18, 4:11 pm

I was in MAD this evening and my IB (Schengen) flight arrived at one of the K gates in T4.

Very surprised to see that they are refurbishing the small non-Schengen area of T4 (the one for IB narrrowbodies to UK and Ireland), including installing 5 e-gates at the right side to clear the exit border. Also there seems to be more manned boots. That would greatly help because sometimes the queues were also long in this section. Shame that I will not use them that frequently now that I brexited and relocated out of MAN...
Old Aug 15, 18, 11:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Update

So as requested. We arrived at Barajas at 16.05. We went directly through to VIP Secirity and was through very quickly. We went to the shuttle via the lift (thanks CWS). The train took what seemed like a long time to get to 4S. We went up in the lift and arrived before all others on the escalators. There was no queue whatsoever and loads of machines were open. No problem at all!
Old Aug 15, 18, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
We went up in the lift and arrived before all others on the escalators. There was no queue whatsoever and loads of machines were open. No problem at all!
Someone must have told them you were coming!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: