Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What a performance - Little Tier Point Run goes Pete Tong

What a performance - Little Tier Point Run goes Pete Tong

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by jbfield

One issue with Northolt is that there is not enough surface between the runway ends and the airfield boundary. The regulations don’t allow civilian scheduled flights (business jets don’t count) and I suspect the airline insurance companies wont either.
There would also be an impact on the likes of Luton Airport too.
Most interesting - and yet I read that there were 10,000 commercial passengers last year. Surely the same aircraft that fly to LCY could use Northolt?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Most interesting - and yet I read that there were 10,000 commercial passengers last year. Surely the same aircraft that fly to LCY could use Northolt?
That 10,000 possibly means General Aviation flights as they pay to use it, and are therefore 'commercial' in true sense of the word, but not in the airline sense.

Although Northolt is used for General Aviation, it would require a whole new approach to access if they were to use it for scheduled commercial flights. It has a hard perimeter as it operates under military protection and gaining access is a bit of a PIA, with all passengers having to pass through the (small) guard hut at the entrance showing photo ID, being stared at by a Gurkha for a few interminable seconds and then re-boarding transport to get to the terminal.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Quick Update No.1

BA via Twitter and Exec Club offered me a 2 week extension to the End of point collecting year, I have gone back to them and said as this was entirely BA's fault for cancelling my flights can I have ORC.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Totally agree with your reply to them, here's hoping they provide the ORC ^
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jbfield
One issue with Northolt is that there is not enough surface between the runway ends and the airfield boundary. The regulations don’t allow civilian scheduled flights (business jets don’t count) and I suspect the airline insurance companies wont either.
That sounds odd given that there is still more at Northolt than at Southampton where the the runway almost touches the M27.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
though it sounds like weather issues impacting quite a few pax travelling, it's worth considering going on the stand-by list.

I had a recent cancellation, was number 5 on the standby list for my preferred next flight (and confirmed later) and made it on no problem - even had window seat in emergency exit row!

so full doesn't always mean full but with weather impacting numerous flights those changes might have been less good.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
As a gold member wouldn't you simply soft land to silver anyway?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Just realised i havent changed my side bar @all she wrote... doh

@chris1979 they werent putting anyone on standby as the only flight left was a flight to Manchester which the agent even said was overbooked by a fair few, as their was one flight to MAN, and the last LBA and a NCL flight was cancelled so no point.

The twitter team and exec club have pulled through and given me the Original Routing for BA1344 so 1 down 2 to go refund and expenses..
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Update #2

Refund was paid into my bank this morning, not bad 5 working days, now just waiting my expenses :-)

So far not a bad service recovery from BA.... but 2 down 1 to go....,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.