Comair - BA Metal for status points?

Reply

Old Aug 13, 18, 1:58 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Comair - BA Metal for status points?

You need four flights per year in BA Metal for status points.

Does Comair count?
Midships is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 2:00 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 619
Originally Posted by Midships View Post
You need four flights per year in BA Metal for status points.

Does Comair count?
If it's the Comair-operated BA routes in Southern Africa, yes.
newyorklondon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 2:05 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by newyorklondon View Post
If it's the Comair-operated BA routes in Southern Africa, yes.
Those are the very ones I was thinking of - thank you!

(I love the fact there are so many folk that know so much stuff here!)
Midships is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 2:06 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,453
Definitely. This is how I get my 4 BA flights.
simons1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 2:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ipswich
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 6,786
Originally Posted by simons1 View Post
Definitely. This is how I get my 4 BA flights.
And probably the most civilised way of so doing for short haul flights.
johnaalex and newyorklondon like this.
windowontheAside is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 3:57 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 619
Originally Posted by Midships View Post
Those are the very ones I was thinking of - thank you!

(I love the fact there are so many folk that know so much stuff here!)
You're very welcome!

Originally Posted by windowontheAside View Post
And probably the most civilised way of so doing for short haul flights.
+1 to that, especially in BA/Comair Club, when compared to BA's Club Europe offering. The larger seats, SLOW lounge access and priority baggage handling together form a superior service.
newyorklondon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 5:16 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by newyorklondon View Post
You're very welcome!



+1 to that, especially in BA/Comair Club, when compared to BA's Club Europe offering. The larger seats, SLOW lounge access and priority baggage handling together form a superior service.
I have to say that the SLOW lounge is a great experience.
newyorklondon likes this.
Midships is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 11:33 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Cape Town
Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Posts: 1,505
Comair takes about 2 days to post points and obviously in this case then the qualifying flight segments, keep that in mind just in case you are planning something on the tight side of renewal. Not sure if you are SA based, but discovery vitality discount booked via Kulula also counts as a revenue ticket btw if you are looking to get the cost down a tad.
Flame3601 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 18, 12:50 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
Comair takes about 2 days to post points and obviously in this case then the qualifying flight segments, keep that in mind just in case you are planning something on the tight side of renewal. Not sure if you are SA based, but discovery vitality discount booked via Kulula also counts as a revenue ticket btw if you are looking to get the cost down a tad.
Thanks.

Not SA based, far east based and travel to Cape Town, so would do Qatar to JNB then Comair down to the Cape to keep my status!
Midships is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 1:55 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Posts: 865
+1 for all the praise for Comair - they didn't disappoint when we used them in Nov...
newyorklondon likes this.
Pascoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:05 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 619
Originally Posted by Pascoe View Post
+1 for all the praise for Comair - they didn't disappoint when we used them in Nov...
Now, if only BA 'proper' would let their passengers use the international SLOW lounge...
newyorklondon is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread