Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing points from transfer to IB, how to escalate?

Old Aug 12, 18, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

I tried to transfer 5200 Avios from my BA account to IB to book a flight, but it errors out and I receive an email asking me to contact them to get the points back, I tried calling but still haven't received the points 1 week on, any idea how I can get my points back?

This is the email I received (minus the membership number):
We're sorry to say, your request to move your Avios between accounts (reference: ) could not be completed as the service is currently unavailable.

The transaction will be shown on your British Airways account:
• Your British Airways account number was debited with 5,200 Avios on 06 August 2018.
However, we could not credit your Iberia Plus account (membership number: ), please call us as soon as possible on 0344 493 3349 or see all contact details here, quoting reference CMA–Iberia Plus/ and we will add them back for you.
Old Aug 12, 18, 8:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Happened to me once, just had to keep calling... took about 10 days all in all.
Old Oct 17, 18, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
Happened to me once, just had to keep calling... took about 10 days all in all.
Thanks, you seems to have better luck than I did, despite repeated calls for 2 months they still will not credit the Avios back into the account, first saying it is impossible for the points to go missing, then opened a case after I forwarded the system email which is still under investigation...., is there anywhere I can escalate this? Is social media the best place to contact BA?
Old Nov 7, 18, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I have tried escalating it many times since my last post and I eventually got a reply from the audit team, they say IB confirmed the transfer was fine (it was not) and stopped replying to my emails, anyone know where I can take it from here? Would appreciate some advice
Old Nov 8, 18, 9:16 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
I have tried escalating it many times since my last post and I eventually got a reply from the audit team, they say IB confirmed the transfer was fine (it was not) and stopped replying to my emails, anyone know where I can take it from here? Would appreciate some advice
ba twitter team might help you
Old Nov 8, 18, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
ba twitter team might help you
Thanks scubaccr, after I made my post yesterday a BA rep contacted me on flyertalk and I am happy to report that's all sorted now.