FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Missing points from transfer to IB, how to escalate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1924831-missing-points-transfer-ib-how-escalate.html)

glasszon Aug 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Missing points from transfer to IB, how to escalate?

I tried to transfer 5200 Avios from my BA account to IB to book a flight, but it errors out and I receive an email asking me to contact them to get the points back, I tried calling but still haven't received the points 1 week on, any idea how I can get my points back?

This is the email I received (minus the membership number):
We're sorry to say, your request to move your Avios between accounts (reference: ) could not be completed as the service is currently unavailable.

The transaction will be shown on your British Airways account:
• Your British Airways account number was debited with 5,200 Avios on 06 August 2018.
However, we could not credit your Iberia Plus account (membership number: ), please call us as soon as possible on 0344 493 3349 or see all contact details here, quoting reference CMA–Iberia Plus/ and we will add them back for you.

BA6501 Aug 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Happened to me once, just had to keep calling... took about 10 days all in all.

glasszon Oct 17, 2018 4:23 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 30075521)
Happened to me once, just had to keep calling... took about 10 days all in all.

Thanks, you seems to have better luck than I did, despite repeated calls for 2 months they still will not credit the Avios back into the account, first saying it is impossible for the points to go missing, then opened a case after I forwarded the system email which is still under investigation...., is there anywhere I can escalate this? Is social media the best place to contact BA?

glasszon Nov 7, 2018 6:25 pm

I have tried escalating it many times since my last post and I eventually got a reply from the audit team, they say IB confirmed the transfer was fine (it was not) and stopped replying to my emails, anyone know where I can take it from here? Would appreciate some advice :)

scubaccr Nov 8, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by glasszon (Post 30406000)
I have tried escalating it many times since my last post and I eventually got a reply from the audit team, they say IB confirmed the transfer was fine (it was not) and stopped replying to my emails, anyone know where I can take it from here? Would appreciate some advice :)

ba twitter team might help you

glasszon Nov 8, 2018 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 30407707)
ba twitter team might help you

Thanks scubaccr, after I made my post yesterday a BA rep contacted me on flyertalk and I am happy to report that's all sorted now. :)