Question spending Avios

Old Aug 12, 18, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Question spending Avios

Hi guys, kind of new to BA. Have flown with Qatar a few times and credited to BAEC.

I’m looking for a flight from Ams to Hkg via LHR off course. Last week, I found the ideal flight, CE AMS-LCY in the morning of 25-10, then 1840 from LHR to HKG (A380) in CW. On the way back I opted for premium economy and that makes the flight around 1400 euros. I could pay around 300 euros by avios (30-10).

However, I tried to book these flights this evening, but now it says spending avios on these flights is not possible. Also, I can not select flights from AMS to LON in the morning. If I choose the 0950 departure via multi city, the price increases By 400 euro.

What am I doing wrong? Any further advice?

Sorry if there’s a masterthread for these kind of problems, I’m unfamiliar with BA forum

Last edited by EvD86; Aug 12, 18 at 1:05 pm
Old Aug 12, 18, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For 1400 Euros you can fly all in J AMS-BKK but utilising the HKG flights and just turning around in BKK, I certainly wouldn’t spend 1400 on Premium economy
Old Aug 12, 18, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Depending on when you want to go you can get AMS-LHR-HKG in CW for not that much more ( in Dec it is going for around £1670) or as mikefly said, route via BKK.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 13, 18, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
For 1400 Euros you can fly all in J AMS-BKK but utilising the HKG flights and just turning around in BKK, I certainly wouldn’t spend 1400 on Premium economy
That fare isn't available though on my dates.. And it's a mix between CW and WT+. Doing both in CW is around 1875E.

There seems to be a new website online. Maybe the option to pay partly in avios is not working. I did make some dummy bookings on other dates and travel classes, but every time it doesn't give an option for discount/adios payment..
Old Aug 16, 18, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Does anyone can give further advice?

The payment by Avios does work from time to time now. However, I try to fly in the morning from AMS to LON, and then 1840 dep to HKG.

If I book this as a return, the first option from AMS to LHR/LCY is around 1330 and able to pay with 55k avios.

However, using GF it shows 0700 and 1140 as a AMS-LON possibility too. But linking towards the BA site from GF just gives me the homepage and not the selected itinerary...

so... using the multicity tool on BA site ables me to reproduce the price, but now the Avios payment part just disappeared...

What am I doing wrong 😀? Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: