Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LAX to PHX on AA codeshare - Tier Point query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I'm in the middle of a 'TP holiday' and last week I took a flight from LAX to PHX (AA3258) where Avios and Tier Points were not awarded. I submitted a claim with BA but this was rejected, so I just want to confirm with the experts here whether the flight is eligible or not. Having looked back at what I booked it says AA3258 'operated by Skywest Airlines as American Eagle'.

On the BA website it says a oneworld airline flight code operated by other partner airline / non partner airline is not eligible so I may have committed a schoolboy error there, but it then says American Eagle is included as part of American. Is anyone able to confirm for me whether this flight should earn TPs?

Luckily my trip takes me to 1540, so I won't miss the 40 TPs, but thought it worth sharing my experience/error given lots of people may be travelling on similar flights as part of the OTP-PHX runs.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
"X by American Eagle" should qualify - always has for me. Where you'll have a problem is on some of the codeshares that aren't full AA affiliates such as Cape Air. Which is a shame as it'd be fun to get some Avios for a side trip from Chicago to Marion in a Cessna
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

American Eagle flights have always counted for me. I would give BAEC a call.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Were you given a reason for the rejection? As noted by others this should credit. I can’t see why it shouldn’t be eligible for TPs and avios.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Good to know, thanks all. Worth a call to BA I think.

KARFA - no specific reason given, just the standard template response as per the screenshot.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Just call, provided this was a cash flight and not a redemption, it should be eligible.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Alternatively contact @BAMissingAvios and explain.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
The rejection used to be standard on the web form, A call to the exec club should resolve it.

I've never had to PM BaMissingAvios. He/she kindly provided a valuable resource for sorting out problems but I'd only use them if all other channels failed.

Last edited by gcuk; Aug 12, 2018 at 7:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.