Wiki Posts
Search

BA8729 GLA-LCY delayed [12 Aug 2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
BA8729 GLA-LCY delayed [12 Aug 2018]

Currently showing as a 4 hour delay. Anyone know why?

Be good to know if this is a compensation eligible delay. Would expect free snacks too but I wonder as I have lounge access whether that will be considered suitable provision.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by fluffymitten

Be good to know if this is a compensation eligible delay. Would expect free snacks too but I wonder as I have lounge access whether that will be considered suitable provision.
ExpertFlyer shows the delay code as ZO which I understand to be (the somewhat all encompassing) "operational reasons"

I think if you have lounge access then that is considered provision of required refreshments.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks, chap at the bag drop desk didn't know what the delay was but said it might be recovered.

Initially refused to go through fast track security, BA must have logged the delay properly to stop the lounge being overfilled. Person manning the gate overode it though
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fluffymitten

You can still get a refreshment voucher if you want one..
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:42 am

the dangers of an overstretched holiday charter program with BACF Embraers.
Despite theoretical entitlement not sure why you would need an additional delay refreshment voucher when youre given refreshments in the lounge?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
If it’s not recovered and starts to creep you could well find yourself at southend at this rate ����

cs
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:22 am

The aircraft all landed back from their charters to Europe this morning but one LCY got cancelled and yours has the very long delay, so I would guess crew related, might be positioning in from London

Does seem like crewing has been an issue for BACF with its very intensive and complex set of schedules and charters over summer weekends
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Currently enjoying the Upperdeck Lounge for a change, courtesy of Plat Amex/Priority Pass. Will move to the BA lounge when it gets closer to boarding time.

Sincerely hope I don't end up in Southend!
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:59 am
Suspended

ZT’s G-POWC operated for CJ from MAN on Friday, so my guess there’s a tech problem with aircraft this weekend.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

On entering the BA lounge, was advised that the aircraft was there but the crew had run out of hours. Sounds like we're waiting for their break time to end.

Hoping to still land sufficiently late for a EC261 claim... That'll pay for my trip to Dublin next month
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:04 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
My experience of the Upper Deck was that it was a total dive compared to the BA lounge. Quite a different clientele!
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:20 am

Yes wouldnt go anywhere near Upper Deck. Only thing 'upper' about it is its another floor up. Not sure why there isnt other lounge options eg No1 etc for the more discerning traveller. The nice EK lounge has done well by all accounts (though if that lasts as resources will undoubtedly go east to EDI with time, remains to be seen)
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

I wouldn't make a habit of going there again but for a 4 hour wait (BA said we had to be at the airport for the original departure time) it made for a reasonable change of scenery.

A combination of constant announcements and lower quality booze (my partner likes the BA whiskey bar at GLA) meant we were never going to stay at Upperdeck for very long.

BA app seems to have had a wobble on the flight status,it was saying we were due to depart at 1815 and land 2033 - evidently going via Southend! Now I have no flight info displayed but thankfully still have a boarding card.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Now estimated arrival into LCY gone half 8

unless you fancy either SEN arrival or an overnight delay it might be worth seeing if they have capacity to move you onto a LHR-LGW service

LCY closes is it 2200? So not vast amounts of scope now for further pushing back of this service.

cs
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
LCY closes is it 2200? So not vast amounts of scope now for further pushing back of this service.
22:30, with landing fully completed by then, and not a minute over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.