Wiki Posts
Search

INV-LHR-ORD - going to miss INV-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
INV-LHR-ORD - going to miss INV-LHR

I could do with the collective wisdom of this forum to help out with the following situation:

I was planning on taking the 12:05pm flight from INV to LHR, connecting to ORD at 16:05pm

I was going to fly EZY tonight from LGW to INV but the flight was canceled. Here's what I've done so far:
  • Looked at other alternative flights up to Scotland and couldn't find anything that would work
  • called GGL who told me they couldn't do anything aside from repricing for Ł12k more; directed me to the ticketing desk at the airport
  • Went to the LGW ticket desk and the staff member says that he protected the booking so that it doesn't automatically cancel. He said I still need to get to the LHR ticket desk and that it's at their discretion to let me on without repricing
My plan is to get to LHR around 10:30 and see what happens. Worse case scenario is to cancel the ticket and forfeit Ł300, hence why I didn't get on a car and drive all night to INV.

Anything else I should have done or any other suggestions for this situation?
flyerkit likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Can you get yourself on tomorrow morning's LHR-INV (BA 1468)? That plane will be turning around and operating your INV-LHR. Flight is currently sold out but if a seat opens up you could try for that...
KARFA and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
1 way car hire. Start driving ASAP .

The t is what I have done for an ams cancellation... Using le shuttle...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear this. The only other possibility I would have considered, though it’s too late now, is the overnight sleeper train up to Scotland (any of them, with the early morning connection if required to get you to INV).

What about an early morning flight tomorrow to GLA/EDI, then a train up to INV? Someone has also suggested the inbound direct to INV for a b2b if availability opens up.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My suggestion would have been a LON-Scotland flight this evening (by any means or routing) and a taxi to INV/your hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
You've done everything that I'd have done in the same situation.

Good ouck with everything tomorrow and please report back with details of how you got on.

In case it's worth reminding BA of this clause from the conditions of carriage tomorrow...
3c4) If you need to change any aspect of yourtransportation because of events beyond your control, you must contact us as soon as possible. Wewill use reasonable efforts to transport you to yournext stopover or final destination, without re-calculating the fare.
Edit: worth talking to your travel insurer too?
mario likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It is too late now but there was the sleeper service leaving Euston for Inverness at 2115 getting in at 0840. If you could have gotten up to Edinburgh/glasgow you could have gotten the first train (0630 from edinburgh /0710 from glasgow getting in at 1028 )
There is an easyjet flight tomorrow but it is sold out.

I have no idea on experiences of avoiding a fare reprice but getting to LHR sounds like the best bet.
Good Luck!

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It is too late now but there was the sleeper service leaving Euston for Inverness at 2115 getting in at 0840. If you could have gotten up to Edinburgh/glasgow you could have gotten the first train (0630 from edinburgh /0710 from glasgow getting in at 1028 )
There is an easyjet flight tomorrow but it is sold out.

I have no idea on experiences of avoiding a fare reprice but getting to LHR sounds like the best bet.
Good Luck!

Regards

TBS
Flight was only cancelled at 21:30 severely limiting other options...
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

That late cancellation really put the spanner in the works unfortunately and put paid to any other options.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
My suggestion would have been a LON-Scotland flight this evening (by any means or routing) and a taxi to INV/your hotel.
All booked out for tonight and tomorrow
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
There's a Loganair flight MAN-INV at 8:40 AM.

​​​​​​... Night bus to Manchester connecting to that perhaps? You'll be crazy tired at the end of all that of course...

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, KL Gold
Maybe a bit risky, but if you can get up to Manchester, the 08:40 Loganair should get you to Inverness just in time ..

As others have suggested (and I entirely understand why you may not wish to do this), how about driving?

I wouldn’t want to do the whole thing, but a hire car getting to Edinburgh or Glasgow would give you some early morning train options, and allow you to sleep on those.

Alternatively: overnight Megabus from London? Definitely not even EuroTraveller luxury, but needs must...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
If it's possible to get to BHX somehow, maybe KL1420 @ 6am, transferring in AMS (onto KL923) to get to INV at 10.10am tomorrow?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
If it's possible to get to BHX somehow, maybe KL1420 @ 6am, transferring in AMS (onto KL923) to get to INV at 10.10am tomorrow?
Probably riskier than just rocking up at LHR with puppy dog eyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.