Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INV-LHR-ORD - going to miss INV-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
I was wondering exactly the same thing. It strikes me that the CoC as shown up thread supersede the generally held belief that if flying ex-EU (or in this case, INV) missing the first part of the flight cancels the whole journey as you are deemed to be a 'no show'. Now, if it's possible to get to the starting point that makes sense, but there could be all manner of reasons beyond the pax control whereby they might only be able to join the journey from stage two (a LON airport). Even things like a broken down car on the way to say LHR to begin a positioning flight could effectively be beyond the control of a pax, or a car accident, etc.

Very interested to read what some of the better informed members' take is on this.
I would tread carefully on this, as every case is different.

If there was a wide scale problem, such as M25 shut, or railway blocked, then I could see a case for CoC. If the traveller just didn't allow sufficient contingency, such as one train was cancelled, or heavy traffic, then I doubt it as the traveler had not taken all reasonable precautions.

In this case I think the OP has done pretty well, BA could easily have turned around and said that the OP had left it till the last available service to get to Inverness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.