FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New domestic CE standards (?) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1924546-new-domestic-ce-standards.html)

stu1985 Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

New domestic CE standards (?)

Interesting one tonight on the (2 hour delayed) ABZ- LHR flight.

Asked for my usual vodka ginger after take off. It was taken to me pre-mixed. OK, I thought...... maybe they've thrown all the vodka in. Drank it. Asked for another one. Drank it again with the distinct lack of vodka. So asked for another one and said that the other two tasted like that had only sniffed the vodka bottle..... the response was:

"Sir, it's the new standard that we mix drinks in the galley and if you want the rest then we will give the rest of the bottle to you when you ask for another one."

I'm sorry, what? So BA are now giving their CE customers half measures from what they were used to in order to (presumably) cut costs........? Another race to the bottom story? Worth complaining? I'm fed up of the enhancements.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Ah, is this MF getting their service standards mixed up? On CW this is now the standard, but even on longhaul they should allow self mixing on request.

cameramaker Aug 10, 2018 3:01 pm

What an absolutely pathetic lack of standards. Guess they’ll be teeming and ladeling with official measures for all drinks next and you’ll have to pay extra for a can of classic coca cola to cover the sugar tax?

paul78 Aug 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Regardless of the fact that the alcohol is complimentary/included in the price, is it not illegal to be effectively ‘watering down’ drink???

stu1985 Aug 10, 2018 3:20 pm

It's a joke whether its "getting their service standards mixed up" or whatever else.

We pay CE for a particular service, not half a service.

MFCC Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

In Club World, the standard is to mix drinks in the galley, unless customers explicitly request to mix it themselves. It’s been this way for a little while now, since the beginning of the roll out of NCW.
I don’t believe this standard has filtered down to Club Europe but could be mistaken.
To be frank, on MF we operate on rather busy rosters with little down time between flights, both long and short haul. I’d say 70% of the short haul flights we operate, chances are we’ll be down the back anyway so we rarely work in CE, especially if we bid for and achieve a larger proportion of long haul trips. I think a little confusion about service standards is bound to happen, at least with less experienced crew.
Rest assured, we’re not deliberately short changing you or trying to cut your alcohol consumption. It’s also not BA cost cutting or whatever else. The crewmember has just made a small mistake, which is easily rectified by asking for the miniature to mix yourself (which is a double measure anyway, so you weren’t getting a half measure).

Gomac Aug 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Could this be CIHY’srim test” :p

rockflyertalk Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm

There is (supposedly) new CE catering coming in September, is this some of new training that’s slipped into the wild and we will see some of the NCW standards on CE?!! Unsure how far in advance crews are trained on new standards?! One for CIHY.

Also CWS is bound to know more than I, so it could simply be a mix of crew standards as per upthread and a one off for the O.P

Skipcool3 Aug 11, 2018 1:43 am

Is this new catering the same new catering that was being rolled out in April??!

corporate-wage-slave Aug 11, 2018 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 (Post 30070620)
Is this new catering the same new catering that was being rolled out in April??!

It's the same new catering, only newer.

bisonrav Aug 11, 2018 1:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30070635)
It's the same new catering, only newer.

I preferred their early stuff

shefgab Aug 11, 2018 2:40 am

There was nothing malicious in the drinks making (and certainly no cost saving drive), simply a confusion of standards between Club World and Club Europe. Longhual Club you shouldn't see any cans/miniatures in the cabin anymore.

I certainly wouldn't be getting unnecessarily upset by this. It probably won't happen again (until new standards, whatever they may be, do come in), but in the meantime if the drinks are being made in the galley (rather than served straight off the trolley), then simply ask to mix it yourself.

bwaflyer Aug 11, 2018 7:25 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 30069836)
There is (supposedly) new CE catering coming in September, is this some of new training that’s slipped into the wild and we will see some of the NCW standards on CE?!! Unsure how far in advance crews are trained on new standards?! One for CIHY.

Also CWS is bound to know more than I, so it could simply be a mix of crew standards as per upthread and a one off for the O.P

Training will consist of a few pages on the intranet, and hundreds of crew scrambling to find the one working printer that actually has paper and toner to print them out. We'll have a rummage around the trolleys when catering finally turns up to load the aircraft, and make it up as we go along. At least that's how it worked 18 months ago when they last 'enhanced' Club Europe.

rockflyertalk Aug 11, 2018 8:59 am

I have liked your post because you’ve replied not because of the information you’ve passed on :D

It doesn’t sound very structured for such a large corporate in rolling out a new ‘service/product’ or maybe my expectations are just a little dreamy and optimistic!

subject2load Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 30071390)

It doesn’t sound very structured for such a large corporate in rolling out a new ‘service/product’ or maybe my expectations are just a little dreamy and optimistic!

No, not very structured.

Although it does help explain many things .........