Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Personal Information - new procedure making my information less secure!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal Information - new procedure making my information less secure!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, BA GGL
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I disagree. The principles of GDPR are sound and are arguably overdue. The way the regulations are interpreted is unfortunately down to individual companies, probably without sufficient guidance on how to be effective.

Therefore you get wildly different approaches to implementation and, working as I do as a consultant in the digital space with a number of clients, they all interpret it differently. I think BA has taken an ill-informed interpretation of the regulations and created a situation where there is holistically now even less data security for personal customer data than before. I don't believe for a second that their processes are "secure and robust", or that they have privacy by design in their DNA.
I agree 100% This is the root of the issue.

If BA truly cares about protecting our data/privacy then they will invest the money in fixing this issue quickly!!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, BA GGL
Originally Posted by RichardLondon
I have been known at the end of all the nonsense you have to go through with BA to say "and my inside leg measurement is 32"
@RichardLondon - this is fantastic. I may borrow this one for future calls...
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Anonba
The contact centre agent has too many details about you?! Odd comment given that it is information we would see on the account anyway!
I feel if the system was written properly, you'd only see information that was necessary for what was being done. Agents just having full access to an account is poor security. Why would an agent need someone's DOB, if the verification was done via a secure method they'd be no need for this, or to see an address. If call centre staff can just view the personal details of each account that's very poor.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Asked" when was the last time you flew BA?"

Hi,

This evening when I phoned up to as what was the weight allowance on a BA coded EI flight (BA.com said 1 piece and contact Aer Lingus and when I phoned Aer lingus about purchasing additional baggage allowance the agent said she could not see the details on the system and to contact BA)

So when I phoned up one of the questions was

" When was the last time you flew BA?"

Fortunately it was quite easy to recall and the agent proceeded to help.

The answer to the luggage question was 23kg

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.