Advice Needed. QR J or BA F?

Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I was always under the impression that praise for QR on the BA forum was, if not forbidden, then frowned upon by the powers that be. Times must have changed (for the better).
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I was always under the impression that praise for QR on the BA forum was, if not forbidden, then frowned upon by the powers that be. Times must have changed (for the better).
When relevant, I don’t think anyone has a problem with it, it’s the dullards who try to shoehorn them into every single conversation who if not frowned upon, are yawned at, by me anyway

HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: One or two :)
Remember the other "separate ticket" issue as well... if the flight from DUB-LHR is delayed or cancelled for whatever reason, you must have a solid plan B just in case.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Have flown both, although only flown BA F the once (until later this week that is) and on balance I would say that you get a better class of pen in the BA F amenity bag!
Just to add that I always feel priviliged to fly in either (no complaints here).
OF
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by OldFruity; Aug 12, 2018 at 12:43 pm Reason: Spellin
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Petrus
Can you elaborate on "respected"? Sorry for taking this OT, but I'm curious to hear details here.
It's hard to define, but flying BA makes me feel part of a system that hasn't been designed for my benefit. I'm sure that's probably true for all airlines (i.e. the system is designed for profit not for passengers), but I feel more that way on BA than on QR. Perhaps a better word is "valued", rather than "respected" - but the end result is that I feel a lack of respect from the organisation. That's not to say that some individual staff members on BA haven't made me feel valued or respected (some of them are absolute stars), but in general you get the impression they're swimming upstream against the system in order to do that. You might get an outstanding member of the cabin crew in a cabin that's physically tatty and falling to pieces, unable to offer the full selection of wine, for example. The system is not making me feel valued or respected; I feel that I'm an idiot for choosing to fly BA. Hence my advice to fly a different airline where possible, if their service is more consistent and makes you feel valued. I feel less like an idiot when I do so.

There's also an inconsistency in the BA service that I haven't experienced on QR. Receiving a poor level of service, in comparison to other passengers (or to previous experiences), makes me feel personally disrespected, even if that's not the intention. I'm sure reading on here doesn't help, because I'm generally left feeling very deflated when I read about good service that I rarely experience.
Petrus and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Easy win for BA F here.

Cost - BA.

Convenience - BA. I'm happy to connect within reason, and to score those tier points, but QR makes most sense for SE Asia, India and Japan (and what's left of its Middle East route network). South Africa, Seoul, etc. are too far off the route. This means that the timings are much, much better on BA.

Product - still BA but closer. Not seeing a massive difference in cost or lounge experience (though the ground food will be much better with BA in F).
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
ttama,
WOW. That is very sad.
Whilst I am quick to moan about BA's shortcomings, and I have experienced a few, I have also experienced them at their best. When it goes well, it goes very well, (for me).
Sorry that you have not had one of their "good" trips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.