Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attaining Gold - 90 tier points short

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0

That’s why we northern folk are smiling on the inside every time we go down south. You southerners really don’t have a clue what your missing 😄😄😄
Well it ain't spelling lessons me old mucker..........perhaps you meant to say "you're" but auto-spell got in the way?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
You southerners really don’t have a clue what your missing 😄😄😄
Not having to take a domestic flight and transfer at LHR for starters.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

True. I hate having to have yet more champagne in the lounge after the crew have plied us on the way down.

Its a hard life
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ł60 add-on for I bucket fares in Europe for 40 TPs, plus CCR in both directions? I'm not complaining. Well maybe a bit if they put me in the Jaguar instead. Some Heathrowites pay more just to park their car.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
True. I hate having to have yet more champagne in the lounge after the crew have plied us on the way down.

Its a hard life
The champagne both numbs the senses and helps you forget where you’ve come from. Eeh bah gum, it’s grim up north!

BertieBadger likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
CCR in both directions.
Inside toilets must be quite a novelty.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Gan Club Europe? Beltas!

I am actually a true Geordie as I was born within site of the Tyne.
Down south we say ‘within sight’.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:24 pm

In all seriousness not sure I'd be GCH without the fact that the add on for 80 more TP to Europe was so little if you start in the regions.

But in the spirit of the thread PtF, you can throw all the cheeky comments you like. We'll just deep fry them.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
But in the spirit of the thread PtF, you can throw all the cheeky comments you like. We'll just deep fry them.
All started by c-w-s’s ‘anyone from Newcastle is extra welcome here, of course’ comment.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond

Inside toilets must be quite a novelty.
There's actually a pub in Felling where the gents is still outside!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:40 pm

All started by c-w-s’s ‘anyone from Newcastle is extra welcome here, of course’ comment.
All in good spirits! Keep heading north for, er, .. Shortbread?

Or, actually 2 of the loveliest lounge angels in BA.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think you will find it was started by some genetic Mackem in self-imposed exile querying the appropriate levels of friendliness we seek to maintain up here, thank you very much.

[With apologies for the Original Poster and anyone from outwith the UK who must be somewhat mystified....]
endoman and PJSMITH0 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Speaking as someone with a foot in both camps - I'm theoretically qualified to play football for County Durham - my grandfather having been the Vicar of Hamsterley and my father was born there, though I'm rubbish at football so could probably only just about scrape into the Newcastle first team squad - but now fairly well integrated into the Deep South, I would remind those from the North not to taunt the Southerners with the fact that you can buy a country estate with acres of land for the price of a studio flat in Dalston.

As an aside, most of the outside toilets in London are now converted into smart flats or quirky hipster businesses (with beards and retaining original plumbing and other features).
endoman likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
This many posts and no questions about the new House of Fraser owner?

Pity the OP. NUFC will have zero points - not 90TPs.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally posted by PtF:

Eeh bah gum, it’s grim up north!
The gentleman seems to be confusing the northern fringes of the Midlands with the true North.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.