FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flight delays in Prague (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1924484-flight-delays-prague.html)

BERbound Aug 10, 2018 8:04 am

Flight delays in Prague

Currently sitting at Prague Airport and the 861 back to Heathrow has a creeping delay, now delayed 2:30 hours. Looking at the schedule all the flights after mine to Prague also have delays today. Is it bad weather at LHR? Or just a sickly aircraft at T3 causing issues?

mikeyfly Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

Thunder has been atrocious here about 10 miles from LHR. I assume this could be impacting. I have not seen lightning though..

corporate-wage-slave Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

Eurocontrol has reported problems in the London area today, as of 14:32 BST:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...599041d1d4.png

EGKK (London Gatwick)
Arrivals regulated due to Aerodrome Capacity.
Rate reduced until 1500.
Moderate delays.

EGLL (London Heathrow)
Arrivals regulated due to Weather (strong winds).Recent rate reduction.
High delays.

EGSS (Stansted)Arrivals regulated due to CB activity.Moderate to high delays.
LGAV (Athens)
Arrivals regulated due to ATC Capacity.
Moderate delays.

Greek Islands Airports
LGMK (Mykonos) and LGSA (Chania) arrivals regulated due ATC Capacity.
Moderate to high delays.
LGSR (Santorini)
Arrivals regulated due to staffing.
High delays

LOWW (Vienna)
Arrivals regulated due to CB activity.
Moderate delays.

LPPT (Lisbon)
Arrivals regulated due to Airspace Management.
Low to moderate delays.

LTBA (Istanbul Ataturk)
Arrivals regulated due to Aerodrome Capacity.
Low to moderate delays.

LTFJ (Sabiha Gokcen)Arrivals regulated due to capacity.Moderate delays.
En-route:

EDUU (Karlsruhe)
Several sectors regulated due to ATC Capacity, Staffing and Airspace Management.
Moderate delays.

EDYY (Maastricht)
Brussels West Low sector regulated due to staffing.
Moderate delays.
EGTT (London)Clacton West sectors 13+14 regulated due to CB activity.Rate increase from 1700 but high delays.

LCCC (Nicosia)
Several sectors regulated due to ATC Capacity.
Moderate to high delays.

LECB (Barcelona)
Several sectors regulated due to Weather (CB activity).
Moderate to high delays.

LFMM (Marseille)
Several sectors regulated mainly due to ATC Staffing.
Moderate to high delays.

LHCC (Budapest)
Several sectors regulated due to capacity.
Low to moderate delays.

LOVV (Vienna)
Several sectors regulated due to CB activity.
High to very high delays until late afternoon.

LZBB (Bratislava)
Several sectors regulated due to CB activity.
Moderate to high delays.

KARFA Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Related to this?

BERbound Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am

Thanks CWS and mikeyfly. It's bad luck as it's my second lengthy delay and I've only flown twice in the last few weeks.

PorcoRosso Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

Thunder, lightning heavy rain just SE of LHR a while ago. Now cleared but certainly some storms about here. Wife and kids just boarded BA05 (LHR-NRT) and just been informed of a possible 2hr take-off delay due to thunderstorms.

Regards

PR

mwp1 Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f659aaa4f.jpeg
Just stolen this off twitter, heathrow now😳

BERbound Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

Flight has just touched down at Prague , however lounge staff saying the flight is delayed overnight. If it's weather it's understandable, though if it's a crew out of hours situation they could have told us a lot sooner.

rapidex Aug 10, 2018 11:37 am

Originally Posted by BERbound (Post 30068656)
Flight has just touched down at Prague , however lounge staff saying the flight is delayed overnight. If it's weather it's understandable, though if it's a crew out of hours situation they could have told us a lot sooner.

Since that is a decision made by the Captain, the ground staff might not have known until he told them.

sirkay Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

Currently in Munich and all 3 remaining flights to lhr are delayed. The 1850 showing as 2100, the 2015 as 2200 and the 2055 now 2217.
Bad weather, I guess.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 10, 2018 11:53 am

Originally Posted by BERbound (Post 30068656)

The later PRG service BA857 is still showing as operating, albeit late. BA861 is one of a series of flights being held overnight (from FCO, GVA, TLL and BLL, the last two are not usual night stop locations), some flights are delayed to midnight - 02:00 hrs, there are a few cancellations on shorter flights, and almost every inbound flight into LHR is 30 to 120 minutes late.

Grace B Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

My flight from MAN to LHR last night was scheduled for 17:55 and was delayed over 4 hour due to late incoming. Had to sit in the lounge and vegetate.

They did say it was because of thunderstorms over Heathrow, so I suppose there's no point thinking about lodging a claim.

BERbound Aug 11, 2018 2:43 am

It was the expected mad scramble at the Menzies desk, so I opted to call BA holidays and credit where credit is due, they excelled. They booked me into the Marriott courtyard hotel directly adjacent to the the terminal entrance at Prague, and offered a rebook onto any flight departing Prague today. We opted for the 1120 service , and the delayed 861 which was rescheduled for 08am this morning just departed at 1023 so was glad I switched and had a lazy lie in instead.

simons1 Aug 11, 2018 2:55 am

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 30068748)
Since that is a decision made by the Captain, the ground staff might not have known until he told them.

I don't follow - the captain surely doesn't decide the slots/weather or the hours the crew can work? Surely the necessity to stop overnight would be known in advance?

rapidex Aug 11, 2018 3:19 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 30070722)

I don't follow - the captain surely doesn't decide the slots/weather or the hours the crew can work? Surely the necessity to stop overnight would be known in advance?

Not necessarily.The Captain has the discretion to extend the duty day by 2 hours, plus an extra 1 in a serious situation. But there are various things to take into consideration, such as any crew who had reduced rest/ previous extension or a number of other factors. So if the crew has been delayed, the Captain my opt to extend duty to get home, after consulting with the other crew members, or he may consider it unwise to do so. This decision would be made after landing. I presumethe crew were delayed that day because of weather etc.