SDC in Club Europe

Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
SDC in Club Europe

Hi all,

Does anyone know if CE tickets have the free same day change flexibility that is included in Economy Plus tickets?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Usually yes. Depends on the route and also sometimes the agent who sold it. Some TA has it some doesnt. On some routes BA.com has it on some. Other routes dont.

So so let us know the route and approx date and how did you buy the ticket so we can have a better advise.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Its BHD-LHR on the 17th August, was booked by a Corporate TA. Is there anyway I can tell from MMB?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
No you cant. Its a tricky one. The problem is that the SDC bit of the ticket is not always in the published fare rules. Usually the ticket endorsement field has to have a certain parameter which should set the SDC on a ticket.
I would try to call BA on the 17th as soon as you can to try to do it. You might need to insist and push it a bit as some telephone agent not fully familiar with this.

My corp TA ticket has SDC on CE tickets (even on cheap I fares) so it is possible that yours have it too.

Try to call your TA and ask the endorsement field.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by antuk
Its BHD-LHR on the 17th August, was booked by a Corporate TA. Is there anyway I can tell from MMB?
This almost certainly would have SDC, the exceptions are some negotiated and more complex fares, but if it is a simple single or return it should be available to SDC. There isn't always a clear statement in MMB about this if there is a TA involved, unfortunately. Usually you can amend this via MMB after midnight on the day of travel, ideally using BA.com rather than the App. You will be asked for your passport number. More information in this thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...change-ba.html
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Deleted
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I booked a CE flight LHR - BHD yesterday, and was a bit surprised that SDCs were an explicit part of the terms whilst I was booking - I thought it was a ET thing......
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is the fare basis code ending -v2r a realable way to tell for CE bookings? I think the only left to check that is on https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barneyb
Is the fare basis code ending -v2r a realable way to tell for CE bookings? I think the only left to check that is on https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/.
Ok so i have FB:BV2R against my plus ticket and FB:RM3V2R against the CE one so i assume it does have SDC?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by barneyb
no I don’t think it is. I don’t think SDC is denoted in fare codes at all. You can see if your booking included SDC when booking as the change conditions will include
ignore, see Anonba's comment below

Free changes on the day of departure provided changes are for same date/cabin/route/airport.
once booked I think SDC isn’t shown at all in MMB.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:54 am
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by antuk
Ok so i have FB:BV2R against my plus ticket and FB:RM3V2R against the CE one so i assume it does have SDC?
based on what you posted cws has already noted your booking should include SDC. SDC isn’t shown in fare codes. ignore this bit, see Anonba's comment below

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:54 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

based on what you posted cws has already noted your booking should include SDC. SDC isnt shown in fare codes.
The fare basis will include either v2 or v3 if it has free change on the day.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Anonba
And the V2 / V3 is what should trigger the SDC logic in BA.com and the App, however it's best done via BA.com for TA bookings. The preamble of the fare basis notes generally mention SDC but this somehow drops off agents' screens if there is too much manipulation of a booking, but hopefully they are aware of V2 / V3 since that is always visible. If there was a Negotiated Fare there can be something like "/abc123" at the end of the fare basis, which typically modifies some conditions (eg allows refunds on unused bookings) which then complicate matters but usually SDC is still OK.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Anonba
Oh. Thanks for this. Has that changed? I didnt think it was the case that it was shown in the code?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by KARFA

Oh. Thanks for this. Has that changed? I didn’t think it was the case that it was shown in the code?
It's been this way since it started I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.