Search

CCR access if transferring to LCY?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
CCR access if transferring to LCY?

Hi all,

Would I get CCR access after arriving on BA metal long haul at LHR. Prior to transfering to LCY to finish my ex-eu.

Cheers!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Hi all,

Would I get CCR access after arriving on BA metal long haul at LHR. Prior to transfering to LCY to finish my ex-eu.

Cheers!
you won’t have any access to the airside departures area if you haven’t got a flight departing T5, so you wouldn’t be able to get to the ccr.

You may have access to the arrivals lounge depending on what time your flight arrives, the arrivals lounge closes at 1400.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

You may have access to the arrivals lounge depending on what time your flight arrives, the arrivals lounge closes at 1400.
And the arrivals lounge has a CCR breakfast room.

No alcohol is served though.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Cheers!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
A bit off topic - but where is the arrivals lounge?? In my years of flying BA I've never ever managed to find it! To be fair I live in Scotland so rarely have cause to use it, as normally connecting rather than arriving at LHR...but I'm curious to see it!

Have an F intl-domestic connection in next few days - is it worth going landside to see arrivals / CCR area? (Long connection)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by so3003
A bit off topic - but where is the arrivals lounge?? In my years of flying BA I've never ever managed to find it! To be fair I live in Scotland so rarely have cause to use it, as normally connecting rather than arriving at LHR...but I'm curious to see it!

Have an F intl-domestic connection in next few days - is it worth going landside to see arrivals / CCR area? (Long connection)
If you come out into the T5 Arrivals hall and look up you'll see it. If you spot the escalator, they take you up there.

If you've got a connection it's not particularly worth exiting landside for the Arrivals Lounge experience, unless you have a lot of time to kill.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by bhbloke
If you come out into the T5 Arrivals hall and look up you'll see it. If you spot the escalator, they take you up there.
As well as a level up it is also towards the south end of T5, so left when facing Costa.

the only advantage to you would be that you can have a bath there rather than a shower
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke

If you've got a connection it's not particularly worth exiting landside for the Arrivals Lounge experience, unless you have a lot of time to kill.
It is signposted "Airline Lounge" if I recall correctly. You can usually get a shower very quickly there, the breakfast is quite decent, and you can use the F wing to get back airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.